“Quiet South Beach Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Italia Hotel

Villa Italia Hotel
Ranked #72 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
louisville
“Quiet South Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were there to attend the Sony Ericsson Tennis Tournament and weren't in the room much. However, the room was lovely, a nice size and very quiet. Breakfast was adequate, the coffeemaker was fantastic. Friendly staff and wonderful location. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here in March this year. We found the location to be perfect, close to all attractions of South Beach. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was simple and adequate. Staff was very helpful in providing information and recommending and also booking tours. I definitly will recommend this hotel to families or young couples or just anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Well, the room is big with even two double beds, the bathroom is great also. Everything was clean.
Just one thing was dissapointing - breakfast. It's not really breakfast...:) they put 1-2 bananas and 1-2 cakes on the reception desc. The coffe machine works just at the breakfast time, that is also not so kind of hotels side.
The guys working on reception are great and help, beach towels are suggested.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nonna4ka
kgera, Manager at Villa Italia Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Villa Italia would like to thank you for your stay with us here in Miami. Based on your review, it seems that you were provided great service from our agents, and you enjoyed our spacious rooms. Our hotel provides a continental breakfast every morning which includes the following items: milk, orange juice, bananas, apples, oatmeal cookies, cereals, yogurt, bagels, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, and brownies. The hotel also leaves fruit, snacks, tea and coffee in the front office all day for guests to enjoy. Our coffee machine provides coffee until 5:30, but after that time an agent will brew a pot of fresh coffee for guests upon request.

We offer hotel guests a complimentary breakfast but we certainly don’t expect to supplement the quality of the many amazing breakfast/brunch venues in the vicinity of South Beach. South Beach is a mecca of a cultural melting pot, thus the restaurants located in South beach and particularly in Miami Beach’s SoFi (South of Fifth) neighborhood are some of the best in the country Again, this is simply a convenient and FREE continental breakfast that is no way intended to supplement a 5-star catered and personalized breakfast from a top restaurant.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I chose this hotel, because of reviews and was very disappointed with the service. I booked an online special 20% off, paid total non refundable rate and got an email confirmation of what I was charged, it sait "grand total", balance zero. On arrival I was told that they charged 1st night only, and showed me the balance, which I didn't realize was wrong. On checkout I added up the charges and realized I was being overcharged. They said that my email didn't include resort charges and asked me to forward Their own email to them. I did that and spent 40 minutes at the desk waiting for adjustment. I was told by Michael that the charges would be corrected, and I should go to the room to get my suitcase. When I returned, I was told charges can not be corrected, because manager Karl said no. I told them that I would dispute the difference with my card, but Michael said I couldn't do that, because on arrival I signed for the balance. In the end this was The Worst customer service I ever encountered. I have a proof, their own email of my grand total, and they didn't care. I had a taxi waiting, so I had to pay what they said and leave, but I am very upset by this experience. There are better hotels for this price, overall it is a very simple hotel, with poor WI-FI, small breakfast. Pick a place with good customer service, it is the most important thing in the end. Also, very important, the little fridge in the room doesn't keep anything cold, it is a mini bar only.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank newyorker56789
kgera, Manager at Villa Italia Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
I’m very surprised to hear that you experienced poor customer service at our hotel. My entire hotel team went above and beyond to ensure you and your family had a wonderful stay while a guest of Villa Italia Hotel in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida.

Our front desk staff was very engaging and informative and strived to answer all your questions about Miami Beach and local attractions. As a matter of fact a staff member took it upon themselves to research and print coupons for reduced admission tickets to both Jungle Island interactive theme park and the Jewish Museum of Florida for your enjoyment. We made it a priority to ensure that your son’s favorite cereal was always readily available for breakfast and when your father purchased groceries & delicatessens that were too large to store in the room’s mini-bar, we extended an accommodation to store his perishable food in our hotel refrigerator so he can have them readily available for both breakfast & lunch.

Our housekeepers diligently cleaned your room everyday and replaced your dirty sheets & towels daily with premium bed-linens and towels.

Thus acknowledging that both our front desk and housekeeping teams worked very hard to ensure you experienced a pleasant stay; it leads me to believe that your problem with customer service stems from the miscommunication of the $8.95 daily resort fee so let me take a moment to elaborate your reservation in hopes of providing some clarity.

The daily resort fee of $8.95 allows us to continue to provide many of the services which you enjoyed without interruption such as a complimentary continental breakfast, free unlimited internet (both wired & Wi-Fi), local and toll free dialing, daily newspaper, free on-demand premium movie channels, snacks & beverages throughout the day and daily beach towels & umbrellas. Our daily resort fee of $8.95 is a fraction of the cost that many other nearby hotels charge as resort fees without providing parallel service such as a complimentary continental breakfast.

You booked your stay directly through our website which clearly describes the $8.95 daily Resort Fee throughout our website particularly in the “Room & Rates” page which describes the respective room types available at our hotel before prompting you to the reservations page.

When you booked your reservation you selected one of our special promotions; “book now and receive 20% off your entire room stay”. The only way to qualify for this promotion and for Villa Italia Hotel to extend the 20% off is to prepay your entire room stay in advance. Other charges such as valet parking, mini-bar, resort fee, tours and other potential charges are not included in the prepay amount because charges such as these only accrue upon arrival and will be difficult to estimate.

In addition to the resort fee mentioned numerously on our website; we also send you 2 email confirmations once you complete your reservation via the web. The first email confirmation letter is a just a receipt that states the special room promotion and the amount paid. The 2nd email confirmation is the standard hotel confirmation that includes all imperative information such as confirmation number, hotel address, price breakdown, check-in /check-out time, resort fee and hotel check-in policy that requires a valid I.D. and a major credit card for all incidentals and /or additional charges you may accrue while staying with us on vacation.

Finally, at check-in we provided you a sign –in sheet which stipulates hotels rules & regulations and also covers the daily resort fee which you signed and dated agreeing to the terms.

I hope this explanation provided you with some clarity and helped elaborate the issue which you discussed.

Villa Italia Management
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our trip to South beach was greatly improved because of the attentiveness of this hotel. We were greeted by a pleasant staff, who took no time to introduce us to the secret treasures of south beach just a hsort walk away. The atmosphere was quaint and calm, but not far from the attractive night life of infamous south beach. The room was so clean and comfortable, from the bed to the temperature. I'm not usually one to EVER mention cleanliness, but I am telling you the amount of time the cleaning ladies must have spent cleaning really showed. We were tended to, hand and foot, with one of a kind personal service from the hotels own general manager, Michael as well as the rest of the staff. He helped us find our way around town, was there anytime we had a question or needed anything at all, (like having an umbrella and towels ready for us in case we needed them for the beach the next day-so thoughtful!)...we had a blast in South beach and this hotel was the positive attitude we needed every morning after our long nights!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends