1,973 results
All reviews espanola way two blocks south beach balcony overlooking lincoln road ocean drive rooms are small yogurt valet parking complimentary breakfast coffee maker restaurants and shops location is excellent night life fridge miami nightlife
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We booked here because of the location and beautiful architecture - soon discovering that these were the only good things about the place.
For some reason this place attracts a lot of unsavory characters - our first night we heard arguing in the hall outside our room in Spanish and as I speak Spanish, I was shocked to hear arguing over payment for something - what exactly I don't know, but this was 1/30am and it could have only been one of 2 things. 4 times the first time!! Only one of our 5 nights there did we not hear anything - either it was arguing at all hours or gangster-types hanging around the ground floor. There is no security and people can wander in at all hours.
Service was rude & rough.The building is pretty but the staff make it feel very downmarket.
Rooms are much smaller than they appear in photos.
The location is OK-ish, but remember it is in the part of South Beach that is ghetto - the better part is North Beach.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Milton255068
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hello Milton255068,

Thank you for your review. I apologize you did not enjoy your stay here. In regards to the noise in the hallways, we do have security on property and it is normally reported to the desk to have security check on such occurrences. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered here and I would like to know more about your stay in detail. If you can, please send me an email at cesar@clayhotel.com.

Cesar Z.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My friends booked here and had confirmation hours before via email. Get here to be told reservation been cancelled. Hotel front desk guy was unapologitic and more interested in helping other guest...................

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank perthguy83
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stayed in RM 169. We were informed that it is their renovated room and we should try it out. It was fine, lacked a microwave or refrigerator like the rooms we had in the past. The shower leaked water. I did not like the new room. There was a small issue which they quickly resolved a issue. There is beach access.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello Spingoddess,

Thank you for your review of The Clay Hotel. Room 169 is one of our renovated rooms. Our property is currently under renovation and unfortunately our all of our new rooms will not have microwaves or fridges. We will be installing mini bars in all rooms during the renovation that i am sure you would enjoy! I apologize for the water leak but i am glad we were able to take care of it swiftly. I thank you for your review and hope to see you back at The Clay in the future.

Thanks
Cesar Z.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We are a couple from Scotland and had our first trip to Miami in June and booked The Clay as we thought the location was great! That proved correct - it is so close to the beach, bars, restaurants and shops!

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. There were renovations going on and we got a peak of one of the new rooms which looked lovely, we were in one of the old rooms so there was a bit of a contrast in that the new ones are modern and bright however our room did the job for us! We were hardly in it as there is so much to do in the Miami sunshine! The bed was comfy and shower worked fine. The air con stopped working one night which wasn't too good in the humidity but that was one night out of 10 and it was fine again after that.

No hotel pool but there is an area on the beach were you give your hotel room number and name and you get beach towels, beds and umbrella for soaking up the sun! It's easy to find and about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. You also get discount card to use at some of the nearby restaurants on Espanola Way.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebsHBK
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I am writing a review while I am leaving the hotel. We drove 6 hours to get to the hotel we checked in and notice that the room was extremely warm we tried to place the ac on no breeze came out of the ac unit . I tried calling the hotel and no one answered . So me and my husband decided we were gonna go to the front desk and report it. The sad thing is Joel said he will have engineering come look at the ac unit and fix it. So we went to dinner and came back from amazing dinner for Joel to tell us that he can't do anything for us the ac unit is broken, so since they are sold out of rooms, we could A bear the hot room and not get money back or B leave and still be charged the night for no ac and hopefully the manager will try to assist with compensation. So we decided to leave since the room was unbearable. I advise Joel that this is not the last he will hear from me. cause I spent literally $250.00 on just gas and food to then drive 6 hours back home and only stay at the hotel for 1 hour. Thanks Joel for messing up my 5 year anniversary, talked to us like we were idiots and to let me know that you can't even assist with at least getting us another room. So instead of me enjoying Miami I am driving at 11 pm for 6 hours to not even be able to enjoy Miami. If I could give it a negative 5 star I would. This was a waste of time money and my life.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello Julia,

We have spoken on this matter today and it has been resolved. The team did correct by offering the option to depart due to the issue. I apologize once again that what happened ruined your anniversary plans but the actions i did hopefully rectified the situation. I hope to receive an email from your or Edward in regards to you returning.

Cesar