1,973 results
All reviewsespanola waytwo blockssouth beachbalcony overlookinglincoln roadocean driverooms are smallyogurtvalet parkingcomplimentary breakfastcoffee makerrestaurants and shopslocation is excellentnight lifefridgemiaminightlife
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My friends booked here and had confirmation hours before via email. Get here to be told reservation been cancelled. Hotel front desk guy was unapologitic and more interested in helping other guest...................

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank perthguy83
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stayed in RM 169. We were informed that it is their renovated room and we should try it out. It was fine, lacked a microwave or refrigerator like the rooms we had in the past. The shower leaked water. I did not like the new room. There was a small issue which they quickly resolved a issue. There is beach access.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello Spingoddess,

Thank you for your review of The Clay Hotel. Room 169 is one of our renovated rooms. Our property is currently under renovation and unfortunately our all of our new rooms will not have microwaves or fridges. We will be installing mini bars in all rooms during the renovation that i am sure you would enjoy! I apologize for the water leak but i am glad we were able to take care of it swiftly. I thank you for your review and hope to see you back at The Clay in the future.

Thanks
Cesar Z.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We are a couple from Scotland and had our first trip to Miami in June and booked The Clay as we thought the location was great! That proved correct - it is so close to the beach, bars, restaurants and shops!

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. There were renovations going on and we got a peak of one of the new rooms which looked lovely, we were in one of the old rooms so there was a bit of a contrast in that the new ones are modern and bright however our room did the job for us! We were hardly in it as there is so much to do in the Miami sunshine! The bed was comfy and shower worked fine. The air con stopped working one night which wasn't too good in the humidity but that was one night out of 10 and it was fine again after that.

No hotel pool but there is an area on the beach were you give your hotel room number and name and you get beach towels, beds and umbrella for soaking up the sun! It's easy to find and about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. You also get discount card to use at some of the nearby restaurants on Espanola Way.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebsHBK
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I am writing a review while I am leaving the hotel. We drove 6 hours to get to the hotel we checked in and notice that the room was extremely warm we tried to place the ac on no breeze came out of the ac unit . I tried calling the hotel and no one answered . So me and my husband decided we were gonna go to the front desk and report it. The sad thing is Joel said he will have engineering come look at the ac unit and fix it. So we went to dinner and came back from amazing dinner for Joel to tell us that he can't do anything for us the ac unit is broken, so since they are sold out of rooms, we could A bear the hot room and not get money back or B leave and still be charged the night for no ac and hopefully the manager will try to assist with compensation. So we decided to leave since the room was unbearable. I advise Joel that this is not the last he will hear from me. cause I spent literally $250.00 on just gas and food to then drive 6 hours back home and only stay at the hotel for 1 hour. Thanks Joel for messing up my 5 year anniversary, talked to us like we were idiots and to let me know that you can't even assist with at least getting us another room. So instead of me enjoying Miami I am driving at 11 pm for 6 hours to not even be able to enjoy Miami. If I could give it a negative 5 star I would. This was a waste of time money and my life.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hello Julia,

We have spoken on this matter today and it has been resolved. The team did correct by offering the option to depart due to the issue. I apologize once again that what happened ruined your anniversary plans but the actions i did hopefully rectified the situation. I hope to receive an email from your or Edward in regards to you returning.

Cesar

Reviewed 31 October 2017

we arrived early and they already had a room ready for us - this and the very good location was the only positive...
it smells very gross in the entire hotel including the rooms. the rooms are very humid and stinky - there were even some moldy spots in the bathroom. after we told the reception about the mold problem, they offerd us another room. the new room was humid and stinky aswell, but at least there was no mold. as soon as we entered the room, we heard a noise from a fan or something underneath the floor - so we told the reception and it was ok for the next two nights. after these nights, the noise was there again and we again told the reception about this problem for three times. they didn't solve it so we had to (try to) sleep in this noise and vibration on the floor.

there are some nice restaurants close to the hotel - quite expensive but good quality of food.

i would definitely not come to this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaruschkaR4

Hello Maruschka,

I thank you for your review of The Clay Hotel. I apologize for not meeting your standards. Once the issue with the first room arrived, we moved you to another room. Unfortunately the noise from your second room was from the restaurant below and we tried everything to silence the noise. You had also requested a room with a view to Espanola Way. Do to availability, that was the only room with a view that we had. I remember personally that we tried to do all we could, including speaking to the restaurant below you. I apologize that we did not meet your standards and hope for you to give us another chance when you return,

Cesar