US$ 445
Hotels.com
US$ 439
US$ 405
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 468
US$ 418
US$ 303
US$ 274
US$ 386
US$ 358
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 392
US$ 364
US$ 191
US$ 148
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 485
US$ 397
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 295
US$ 284
Priceline
3,781 results
All reviewswine hoursocial clubsouth beachpool areacomplimentary winelincoln roadpool staffrooms are smallfront desk staffhappy hourpool partyresort feean umbrellaspecial shoutgreat pooldirect access to the beachbeach service
Reviewed 3 February 2016

I came with a large group of people for a wedding. The necklace I got for my 40th birthday last May was stollen from my room. It was $5600 from Tiffanys and my HO insurance can only cover a portion of it. I will have to pay to replace it.
I travel a lot and this has never happened to me. What I have done in the past is use DND to keep people from entering my room especially if I’m only there for two nights, hardly using the room and don’t need house cleaning. From now I will use the safe but I hear this isn’t effective either as staff has access to safes. I had faith no one would enter my room while I was there due to the sign. The hotel doesn’t have cameras in the hallway (convenient for them) so we don’t have a visual record of who entered my room. They ran a door key report but won’t show it to me. I reported it to the police but odds are, investigators could care less that I get a diamond necklace back.
The biggest issue here is the DO NOT DISTURB signs and how they didn’t keep people from entering my room. The last day I was there I was in my room and heard a knock on the door and then a staff member entered my room. This also happened to my cousin the same day my necklace was stolenwhile he was taking a nap. He said it was strange to wake up to someone entering his room, he asked who it was and they said “bar inventory” and walked out. Clearly the staff checks to see if someone is in the room with the DND sign on. When someone isn’t, its the perfect opportunity to enter and steal.
I worked in sales at a high-end resort and I know for a fact that staff CANNOT enter rooms or knock on doors with DND tags on the handles but it was witnessed two times that weekend so it must be happening all the time.
When I spoke with management, they were available and responsive but they wouldn’t share the key report for the door. Clearly the staff entered and stole it. Nothing more can be done. When management suggested maybe I was wearing it and lost it, I told them “I don’t walk around wearing diamonds around my neck. I wear them to special occasions. It was a gift from my family and I was at a family event. It was in the box it came in and I was only going to wear it to the wedding I came there for”. Reserve at this hotel at your own risk.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Stefani S
Donte J, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Hello Stefani S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your previous visit to The Surfcomber. I am so sorry to hear about the unfortunate event that occurred during your stay. Please know that we are available to help in anyway we can, and we hope that their is a positivie resolution this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

I'm writing this review pretty late, as I spent two nights here in May 2015, but I have to say, staying here was great. I have no complaints at all. Comfortable night sleep, kind receptionists, early check-in, beautiful pool and bathroom. Can't really ask for more! The only thing I would say, if people aren't that familiar with the area, is that the beach is literally a few steps behind the hotel, but further away from the strip of restaurants near Ocean Drive.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Donte J, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

Hello Melanie P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your previous visit to The Surfcomber. We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time, and we were able to take such good care of you. I will be sure to thank all of our teams for doing sucha great job, and we can't wait to see you back on the beach soon.

Best,

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

This is a good place to stay for a short visit but would not want to stay long term. The hotel is ok but super small fitness center with only two treadmills which makes working out in the mornings impossible. Rooms are ok but very small. Bathrooms are tiny! No place to put cosmetics or other personal items. The good part is that the location is perfect for walking to restaurants and night life attractions. The pool is adequate and the walk to the beach is short.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello jilcc,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your previous visit to The Surfcomber. I am terribly sorry to hear about the unfortunate opportunities that you encountered during your visit with us. We are lucky enough to be part of the historic hotels of Miami Beach, which unfortunately prevents us from remolding much for the hotel rooms. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, and hopefully we will be available to host you again the next time you visit Miami.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Enjoyed the free wine happy hour. Hotel was kept at a temperature akin to an abbatoir or a meat locker which we felt was too cold. Be aware of the fine print in your reservation that the hotel charges an extra $28.50 per day not included in your room rate which they will add to your bill without telling you for the use of their beach facilities. To my mind, this borders on deceptive marketing practices. During the five days we were at the hotel, the weather was in the 50s, windy, cold, and frequently rainy. Not exactly beach weather. We protested the mandatory beach charge for facilities we never used and had it refunded to us. Nice room, pleasant small bar with a limited menu.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohninWashingtonDC

Hello JohninWashingtonDC,
Thank you so much for taking the time to wright us about your previous visit to The Surfcomber. I am terribly sorry to hear about the unfortunate events that occurred during your time with us, and for the unfortunate weather that struck the area. Please konw that I have followed up with our Front Office team to ensure that we are effectively communicating any additional fees to our guests. I am very happy to hear that the room was nice and you enjoyed the enviroment at the bar. We hope that we have the opportunity to host you again on the beach next time you come to Miami, and that the weather is more favorable.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I hosted my niece's bridal shower in the restaurant facing the pool. Kudos to the entire staff from Catering Manager with the planning, the Chef's beautiful and delicious food to the excellent Wait Staff all who contributed to creating a memorable event for my friends and family.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Donte J, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Hello Zaza H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your previous experience at the Hotel. I am so happy to hear that everything went perfect with your niece's bridal shower, and that everyone took great care of you and your party! Congratulations to you and your niece and we hope to see you back at the Surfcomber soon!

Best,