“Dreadful customer service”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #67 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Emailed the hotel direct to find out availability and prices for the 2 bedroomed suite and also wanted to know if we could pay a deposit and pay on arrival.
Received a cheeky email back telling me to call them and that they were not willing to email me the prices or information I required.
Emailed them back to say thatb their customer service was shocking and the reason I was emailing them was that I lived in the UK and thought this was a reasonable request for them to email me the information I requested and asked for it again.
Again received another cheeky email saying no. I thn emailed them back saying "Forget it, just lost customers"
Absolutely shocking customer service!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Holidaysbykev
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear Guest
We are sorry to hear that your reservations experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to explain the reasons why we are not able to make reservations by email:

Inventory and Rates change constantly, and by the time you respond to an email offer and we receive your message, the room and/ or rate may no longer be available. Email messages are not being monitored around the clock and there may be a time-lag of several hours before we read a message that was sent to us. We are simply trying to avoid a situation where a guest would eventually want to book a room at a rate offered by email only to find out that the particular room type is no longer available or that rates have changed.
Reservations also require a Credit Card number to be completed and I am sure you agree that there is a certain amount of risk involved when sending credit card information by email.

To ensure that guests find the most up-to-date information on availability and rates, our reservations team always refers inquiries to our web site where the most current information is available 24/ 7 and reservations can be made on our secure site. As an alternative only, we also offer guests to call our phone reservations agents. As a member of the the Tripadvisor community, you can also take advantage of our Exclusive Tripadvisor Promotion, which can only be booked online.

We are sorry that our reservations agents were not able to make the reasons sufficiently clear during the email exchange with you and we will discuss the matter with them. Please accept our apologies and we hope that you still enjoyed your trip to Miami. We also hope you will consider us again, if your future travel plans take you to our city again
Sincerely
Management - Grand Beach Hotel

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Grand Beach Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Had a great 4 nights at the Grand beach hotel.

The room was amazing big king size bed soo comfortable, two flat screen tvs, big wardrobes, sofa, two toilets shower and bath! Air con was amazing too.

The restaurant was a little overpriced we felt, but the food was good.

The swimming pools and jacuzzi were great.

Excellent location as it is right on the beach and the hotel gives out free towels.

Free Wifi at the hotel.

Couldn't fault the hotel at all.

30$ from miami international airport in cab

Room Tip: sea view balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scotslass007
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Very nice location on the beach. 10 min taxi ride from South Beach to some excellent restaurants. Found breakfast in the hotel a little expensive and went down to South Beach, even with taxi either way was cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dkm1804
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I loved staying at the Grand Beach hotel. There were good and bad points to the whole stay though.

Bad:
Valet. I knew before hand that it was $29 a day for valet. It didn't stop me before, but now months after the reservation, and the actual stay occurred, I really don't think I'd stay here again just because of that, and that sucks because the rest of the hotel stay was pretty nice!

Cleanliness: This really isn't a huge bad point, because most of the hotel was VERY clean. I'm a little ocd about hotel rooms. I would never lay down in a hotel bathtub, no matter how clean. I did notice that there was mold in the creases of the bath room.(which you can't avoid all the time so I understand. It just still made me a little grossed out.) I also noticed water staining coming from the air vent. The pools and Jacuzzi were nice but I also noticed some mold growing in the creases and it gave me the creeps. I had to kind of imagine they weren't there to enjoy it.

Restaurant: a little lacking in style, and choice. very mediocre.

Good:
The staff. They were great! They helped me out the best they could-all the time, and I was very needy! They were all friendly, professional, but laid back at the same time.

The bed: oh my goodness! So comfy.

Room service: perfect to have breakfast in bed sometimes...still lacking in choice of food.

The pools and Jacuzzi: It was wonderful to come back to the hotel, and lay in the Jacuzzi after a long day. Especially because it rained a lot during our stay, we loved to get into a nice warm Jacuzzi with high jets to relax our muscles.

Room Tip: Ocean front was awesome, I believe the bay view would've been too!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy D
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The grand beach hotel is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in hands down. Check in was a little hectic but the was our fault not the hotel. We had the king ocean front suite, it was immaculate, the view was beautiful, for us it was like waking up in paradise. The breakfast buffet had the best omelet I've ever tasted. Would definetly stay again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Shore Club South Beach Hotel
#56 of 210 in Miami Beach
1.4 km away
Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK