“Amazing Vacation Spot!!”

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #12 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights at the Betsy this June, and had an amazing time. The hotel is beautiful and we found all of the staff to be extremely friendly and welcoming. I had dinner at BLT Steak for the first time and the food was out of this world. The rooms are a combination of elegant and quaint, making this boutique styled hotel ultimate vacation spot!! ... and the location is great!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taylor c

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Comfortable, amazing food, beautiful rooms, and great staff. Blows away any other place in south beach

1  Thank Trevorsahn32
Reviewed 2 July 2012

OMG, where do I start?!?!? I recently stayed at The Betsy Hotel (6/20-6/25) with a friend for a girls trip (the other girls were staying elsewhere, less amazing I'm sure). First impression of the hotel was awesome! Lobby was clean and beautiful and everyone was so friendly. My friend and I pulled up and were greeted warmly by Ever who opened the taxi doors, grabbed our luggage and brought them to our room. Since we arrived early our room was not ready, which wasn't a problem because we had the most delicious drinks at the hotel bar made by Karina until the room was available. I miss those Ocean Drives!!! Luciano checked us in and notified us at the bar when our room was ready. He was awesome!
The room was much smaller than expected, especially for the price, which is the only reason I didn't give them an excellent rating. With only two girls in the room, we barely had room for our luggage, clothes, shoes and toiletries. Even though it was small, the room was beautiful, clean and modern chic! We were greeted shortly after arriving to our room with a bottle of wine and a nice note from Paul, the concierge. The beds were so comfortable and we slept like babies. With The Betsy being on the quiet end of Ocean Drive, we had no issues with outside noise at all and we were even there the night The Heat won the Championship!
We didn't use the spa or fitness center but we did stop by the gym to check it out and they have everything you would need in there to get a good vacation workout. We did have dinner our first night at BLT Steak and it was phenomenal!!! The filet was melt-in-your-mouth yummy!!! And those popovers...too good! Since the weather was kinda crappy, we didn't really use the pool either, we opted on spending the nicer days on the beach instead. But no complaints about the pool either. The beaach is directly across the street and there is a hut where you can sign-in and receive towels, beach chairs, and unbrellas. They will set everything up for you. Very nice.
Like a previous review mentioned, we definitely felt safe in our hotel, which was a big deal for the two of us women, and absolutely loved pulling up to it after a long day/night out. Special thanks to Paul, Ever, Karina, Chris, Fernando, Luciano, and Adam. They truly made our stay at The Betsy memorable and can't wait to stay at this hotel again. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to pamper themselves and feel like Kings/Queens during their stay in Miami. The Betsy is truly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Great location...away from the noise and across from the beach! Within walking distance (few minute...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Erica M
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Well, the staff at The Betsy, truly outdid themselves! We visited last July and this 2nd time around was even better! We will NEVER stay at another hotel when we travel each summer to Miami Beach.
Let me start with Jeff Lehman, the General Manager. When I was inquiring about staying again and had questions, he personally called me back after I had left him a message. Ed Ponder, Guest Services Manager, emailed me additional information regarding the available rooms and rates. When we arrived, we were immediately greeted at the door by a young gentleman, Christopher. He was attentive and terrific as our bellman the entire 4 night stay. And of course there was Paul, our Concierge. He helped us with dinner reservations and with ideas of where to sightsee and shop. We were so happy to see him and visit with him again. On our final evening, we decided to have a drink at The Betsy's beautiful bar. Our bartender, Kedar, suggested that we try the food of the BLT Steakhouse. It was OUTSTANDING, along with Kedar's service and suggestions on food and wine selections. Lastly, Nikky at checkout was sweet and patient as we took time to review our charges, which ended up being right on. Finally, we need to comment on our room. We had a quaint small suite overlooking the pool---very nice and hip. The room was impeccably clean and they continued to do so throughout the day, with additional turndown service at night. We loved it and had plenty of space. We left The Betsy two days ago and arrived in Key West at our next vacation spot, my partner said, "I miss The Betsy"! Need I say more other than we cannot wait to return to Miami Beach for our stay at The Betsy where we know we have found the best hotel with the best staff and service!!!

2  Thank GS022509
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

We keep going to the Betsy when we're in Miami Beach because we like the location, the boutique style and the beach. The staff is friendly from the valet parking to the receptionists as well as the concierges.
Only the breakfast is a very poor experience, we even told this to the manager at our last stay but unfortunately there hasn't changed much. First of all, the concierge at the restaurant feels like she's god's gift to the world and is not at all friendly and in a bad mood, then she told me that our breakfast was not included in our room package and I had to go to the receptionist by myself to fix this which is very poor. In a luxury house like this you should expect that she would doublecheck and not solely rely on her list where our room numbers were apparently missing. It's just none of my business as a guest. The waiter then brought the breakfast and just put everything on the table without asking who ordered what or having notes. On the second and third day, there was another waiter who had notes and therefore knew who ordered which breakfast.
We would probably go back to the Betsy but we will have breakfast across the street at Starbucks...

2  Thank suri105