Just arrived back from the Mondrian South Beach on the red eye flight from Miami and it was a wrench to leave! The hotel is located approximately 15 minutes walk from the loud Ocean Drive party crowd so you get the best of both worlds; close proximity to South Beach's hotspots yet a peaceful, true five star hotel experience.
We stayed for seven nights in an exceptional suite that was essentially an upscale one bedroom apartment. Its in-room facilities included a kitchen/living room area with sink, utensils, coffee maker, microwave and chic dining table (ideal for room service breakfasts) plus two televisions, one in the separate bedroom, a toilet/cloakroom plus separate bathroom with deluxe walk-in shower. The decor was fashionable and extremely comfortable. Nice pool area with adjoining bar. Mondrian staff were always helpful, friendly and courteous at all times particularly Rosa on the front desk and the concierge. We were allowed to check out an hour later at 1pm but any later would cost a half-day room rate. Perfect hotel for a romantic treat. Highly recommended.
A few Miami tips for first-timers; there are virtually no shops/facilities on the other side of security at Miami airport. The Cuban restaurant Yuca on Lincoln Road is an absolute must. Magnificent food. Spanish is the main language though most locals are bilingual.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach