W South Beach
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 341
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 241
US$ 190
Marriott
US$ 105
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 227
US$ 351
US$ 295
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Boulan South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 214
HolidayInn.com
US$ 294
US$ 255
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 231
US$ 196
3,923 results
All reviewsoasis suitemr choww insiderbliss spadutch restaurantsouth beachmega suitebliss productshospitality suitespg platinumpool arealiving roomhigh floorbeautiful hotelpool stafflate checkoutocean view
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We are in a state of bliss after celebrating our winter break in South Beach. It was truly a spectacular five-day stay; we loved our accommodations, and the staff was just spectacular. We think the W hotel sits on some of the most beautiful beachfront in the world, and the grounds are kept in an immaculate fashion. However, what has really impressed us most about the W is the people who manage the property. Though we have never met the General Manager, he must be an amazing person to have attracted and retained such extraordinary staff. We have been particularly impressed by Michelle Mendes. She is warm, friendly and incredibly helpful – she is an absolute delight. Dennis McKibbon is also an amazing gentleman. He, too, is extremely accommodating and gracious. When we checked into the hotel, he was greeting guests at the door. Dennis & Michelle are the type of people who keep us coming back to the W South Beach time and time again.

The Sullivans, Barrington, RI

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DrSullivan
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,

WOW! What a lovely experience! Dennis and Michelle are part of our management team and I am so happy that they provided extraordinary service to you for your visit!!

We can't wait to welcome you back and create some more everlasting memories!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I did quite a bit of research on where to stay with my wife and 2 teenagers last month and I settled on the W. My family and I loved this place. I read reviews of people complaining of rude staff and poor service. I saw only the opposite. My only complaint was that I was put in 2 rooms that were above the nightclub...which stays open until 4am. I requested another room and they were happy to accommodate but my kids liked seeing the people and cars around the nightclub so I got some earplugs and took one for the team. It was fine. When a food order got lost on the beach the beach manager came and apologized and comped the whole order. He told me it would his honer to serve us again....where have you heard that lately from hotel staff? All of the staff we encountered were very nice and friendly. Richie at the Pool was particularly so. Look, this place is pricey no doubt but it really was a nice place to stay for 3 days in South Beach. My only caveat is that if you are a light sleeper than ask for a room away from the Nightclub.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark E
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,

So happy to hear you and your family had a great stay! We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Best,

GM W SoBe

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We had an opportunity to stay for 2 nights at the hotel. We enjoyed our rooms overlooking the ocean. Being on a higher floor with nice balconies a plus. Ultra modern room with "hip vibe". Comfortable beds, think the bathroom may be a bit too hip. Getting out of showers I bit wet and slippery, had to put a towel down to avoid slipping and wet puddles

Enjoyed the pool. We were lucky enough to stay in cabana and had fabulous service! The pool lovely and warm. I can see why it would be difficult to get seating around the pool and wonder if tipping insures a spot. I don't think I realized it was a topless pool...

The workout facility was nice and the kids enjoyed the outdoor basketball court, tennis court right next to it

The food at the hotel was pretty average, but with so many nice restaurants nearby, there were other great options

The lounge was fun and the people watching great fun too!

Enjoyed our stay, and think that our 2 day stay was just perfect with the family

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Tadr1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit!

I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your rooms and the beautful views that come with it! South Beach is amazing, and there is nothing that compares to the white sandy beaches and blue ocean water!!

We are sorry if some of our topless guests made you feel uncomfortable. As bathing topless is not against the law in Miami Beach, it is not uncommon to see individuals sunbathing at the pool and beach topless as we do have a large European crowd that visits us, where topless bathing is not uncommon in Europe.

We hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

There were some good bits and some not so good bits. My first caveat is to say that the manager did bend over backwards to resolve the issues we had....so his customer service was high. Not true of some of the others. Customer service was patchy.....it was the luck of the draw as to who was serving you. On arrival, took over half an hour to check in. Got to the room and quickly checking emails, discovered the wifi wasn't working properly. Waited another three quarters of an hour for someone to fix that. Finally managed to get to the pool. All the beds were taken (in fact, having got up very early the next morning and looking from the balcony about 50% of them are already reserved before anyone shows up....am guessing you have to "tip" the staff at the pool area), ended up sitting by the other pool area but no staff came to get drink/lunch order. We went over to the other pool to order food and were told that was the area for the main pool orders.....oh it goes on and on like this. Night 1 the next door room decided to have a rave and there was pounding music til 6am, stink of cigarettes etc coming from the room. To be fair, the hotel security came up in the end and sorted it out, after one of their and my separate attempts had failed. After the first day all much of the same. Cost of food and beverages is eye watering. And, goodness me, check out the mini bar prices.......absurd! Trying too hard to be trendy......sorry W, but won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Make sure this is the hotel for you before you book it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LadyPrimrose
WSoBeGM, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Although the main pool is quick to fill, we do have other areas where you can dine, including seating at the main pool, seating at the WET Bar, Lawn Area, Living Room Outdoor, Grove, and the Beach. Recently Miami Beach was home to the Winter Music Conference and Ultra Music fest for the majority of the month of March, where the beach was more crowded than it typically is and I apologize this inconvenienced you.

We hope to welcome you back to one of our Starwood properties soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My family and I stayed in a fabulous two bedroom "Sanctuary Suite" with a partial ocean view. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the modern furnishings, and floor to ceiling windows. We also had two balconies to look at the ocean and enjoy the warm breeze.
The lobby of the hotel is gorgeous, with eclectic pieces of art everywhere, soaring ceilings, and plenty of couches and chairs to lounge upon. The staff is friendly enough, but there is definitely an air of attitude amongst the team which mans the pool, where the service is spotty if you are not in an expensive cabana. The hotel has a small stretch of beach where you may lie down on a beach chair, but prepare to pay $15 plus tax for the use of a beach umbrella to shield yourself from the sun! We found this charge to be completely ridiculous, especially considering how ill maintained the beach area was; there was a 3-4 foot layer of seaweed and gunk you had to wade through before you could dip into the water. Just a short way down to the free beach is way cleaner and better maintained.
This hotel is definitely better suited for adults traveling without small children. The scene is very grown and sexy for the sophisticated Miami crowd. Toys and beach balls are not permitted in the pool; not to mention there are just too many places for them to get hurt and/or break something expensive (so much glass and metal and sharp corners everywhere)!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel if you avoid the beach area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Great to hear that you loved your Sanctuary Suite, we hope that next time you visit you are able to experience on of our other 15 category type rooms!

As for the beach, regretfully the beach is public space and the City of Miami Beach is the primary source for seaweed cleanup. The weather is warming and so is the ocean water, so if your travels bring you back the beach will be much more pleasurable for you!