2,505 results
All reviews pool party bazaar restaurant jose andres south beach beach pool house car rooms are small hotel guests rain shower city view pool staff special thanks the entire staff people watching amazing service beach service amazing hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit
Super service
Boutique hotel with its own quirky decor. Superb amenities. Ideal for the young go get crowd. Fun Saturday nights with the pool party.
Rent a Ferrari, or a Bimmer
Highly recommended

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
melr857, Front Office Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Ian B,,

It is great to hear that you had a great stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind words. We hope you will come back and visit us soon! Let me know when your travel plans bring you back to Miami, would love to assist you with your trip planning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girls and I planned our trip to Miami for the first time in 3 years and we were so very excited to get away and relax together! We were never expecting to meet someone who really went above and beyond for us to make our stay the most enjoyable possible! Not only was he so kind upon greeting us on arrival, but we felt that he genuinely cared that we had a great time on our short trip. He Would always make sure to stop over and say hello if we were at the pool or waiting in the lobby and checking on us each day to make sure everything was perfect!

We also had a friend who had specific medical needs and all of the staff were extremely helpful and amenable to her needs!

We feel we’ve made a friend in Miami and we hope you give him a big raise and promotion!! Freddie knows how to work with guests and make them feel VIP!!!!

We will definitely visit SLS again on our next trip!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. ClaraKao,

Thank you for sharing your girls trip with us. Happy to hear that my team including my wonderful VIP Host Concierge Freddie provided you with exceptional services. We'd definitely love to have you back to make more long staying memories. Please feel free to reach out to me or Freddie to start organizing your 2019 girls trip.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I stayed at the SLS South Beach 10/4-10/6/18. I had a king size city view. The beach was wonderful at this location. The main pool was closed and they were offering free beach umbrellas for this. The staff at the beach was not aware of the comp beach umbrella and the charged $20.00 for them. I talked to someone over the phone and he was “so very sorry for this”. There is no ice or water on the floors. There is comp water at the front desk for a limited amount of time. After that you would need to pay 9.80 for the room temp water from the room. The rooms are hot. The thermostat can only be turned down to 68. Although it does not tell you the temp of the room. Beds are clean. Tapestries on the wall are stained. Nice little expresso machine in the room (free) but they do not restock it if you use it. The shower is amazing and the water can get hot if you want it too. My room was located in the stairwell. The $40 resort fee covers a nightly turndown which did not occur. Free coffee in the am. Free New York Times which I did not receive. Wi-fi access which was fast. Two beach chairs which are close to the water, fitness center (I did not use) Lincoln Navigator house car amenity (based on availability upon request. Parking is $46.00 per night and is valet only. It does take a bit to get your car as it may not be close. The people who sat in front of me at the beach were not guest of the hotel but they got beach chairs and an umbrella. I am happy with the location but unhappy with the charge for the umbrella and that there is no free water or ice in a “luxury hotel”.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
melr857, Front Office Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear ger1984,
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. In regards to your concerns yes we have infused water at the front desk from 11AM to 8PM. New York Times and coffee are at the desk every morning from 6AM - 11AM. The daily resort fee covers everything you mentioned including app streaming and apples at the front desk. You are correct there are no ice machines on the floor but in room dining deliveries ice 24 hours a day upon request. Sorry to hear that you were not informed of all of the amenities available to you during your stay. I hope that we have another opportunity to change your perception about our property and our services provided.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We was there at sls starting from the evening of 9/27 and we checked out the early morning of 10/1. Once we checked in, we went to our room and freshened up so we could go check out Miami since this was our 1st time there. The first issue was when we walked to the back of the 2nd restaurant area(right before the doors that lead you to the pool area), a man(security) was sitting in the chair, once he saw 3 black women walking around headed to the pool area, he had a look on his face as if we had no business there. So once we checked out the pool area, we left the hotel. Once we returned and went to the elevator, the same man appeared out of nowhere and jumped on the elevator with us. Once he saw we had a room there, he left us alone. The second issue was on Friday, we went down by the pool area but this time by the 2nd pool area(where the day pool party was)... as we went by the guard he asked for our ID (which was fine) but all throughout the party, every guard was asking for our ID and key card... now from my understanding they do not need to see a key card for the party because all was invited but of you have a room at the SLS you do not have to pay to get into the party. Our issue was that we have already showed our OD and key so why EVERY guard we walked past in the party asked for our key card but did not ask others to see their key card?! So, we left the pool party at the 2md pool area and went to the 1st pool area. We asked the young man that was attending to that area of we had to pay for chairs or to sit in a cabana and he stated no. We went into one of the cabanas and before we could sit down a guard from the pool party at the 2nd pool ran over there and told us that we could not sit there unless we have a room at the SLS. By this time we are frustrated with the nonsense and told him that other guests over there including himself have asked for our ID Nd key card several times so why is he asking again... i showed him the key card and he walked away. After time passed, some young ladies (one white & 3 indian)
that did not stay at the hotel was in the pool and they started talking to us and we asked did they stay at the SLS and they said no... they were renting an Airbnb. Now per the rule, if you do not have a room at the SLS, the 1st pool, chairs & cabanas is off limits to the public. The issue comes to play because why are they in the pool and in a cabana if they do not stay at the hotel?! That let me know that not one of guard was all over them like they were us. The guards obviously did not check them for key cards like they did us. After going back up to the room we made a complaint to Gary (guest services manager). He came to our room but we were getting dressed to head out for the night so I told him I will stop by the front desk to speak with him before we leave. We did speak to Gary and of course he did not want to believe or admit that we were racially profiled. We stated to him that it's not fair that his employees & guests look at us as if we do not belong there. We are on vacation just like everyone else. We work hard, earn our money and like to stay at 4 & 5 star hotels just like all other races. Now we have another issue because they charged our room 71.00 for a breakfast on 9/27 that we did not order. We checked in around 9:30pm on 9/27. I have been calling them since Tuesday with no progress. I leave my name and number, no one ever all back. 71.00 isn't a lot of money but it's mine and to deal with being racially profiled and now a charge for something we did not order or receive is ridiculous. I will NEVER EVER stay there again!!!! Oh and you have to pay for EVERYTHING! NOTHING IN THAT ROOM IS FREE!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Test T,

Sorry to hear about your all around experience. I do apologize if we gave of the perception of not being hospitable and accommodating. I will be sharing your review to my team throughout the property to bring awareness and make sure all of our procedures and rules apply to everyone. Please feel free to reach out to me direct in order for me look into this breakfast charge. Hope to hear from you soon.
mel.rupert@sbe.com

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Great shows Electric Music Party, EDM, HipHop, Dance Bar In Pool, Vip, Excelent Service By Bartenders, models,, , Artist Performance NERVO, Chukie and París Hilton, great top Party in South Beach!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
melr857, Front Office Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear douglasafteroffice ,

Happy to hear that you enjoy are Hyde Beach Lounge pool parties and night life. You should stop by this Sunday October 6th to checkout our last Night Swim Party for the year.