Hotel Ocean
La Flora(Miami Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Victor(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
The Marlin Hotel(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
The Kent Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsocean drivesouth beachbeach chairslocation is greatnight lifeboutique hotelpeople watchingocean frontmiamiactionsobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We booked 4 rooms from the hotel's website. Got there early for South Beach Wine & Food Fest and wanted to leave our luggage and go enjoy the festival. We were told we did not have rooms as the hotel we booked but that we were upgraded to the Breakwater, inconveniently, a few blocks away. Our party of 9 shuffled down to the new location with our luggage. When we arrived our front desk person disappeared after we told her what we had just been told. After waiting a while, the manager appeared to tell us that we were misinformed and that we were, actually, now at the Park Central. Our original reservation at 12th & Ocean across the street from the Festival, was now at 6th & Ocean and, on top of that, the place was a bit of a dump. No one took responsibility for the changes and for not letting us know and we lost over an hour of time at the Festival for which we paid quite a bit for our tickets. We were pre-charged for 3 rooms and 1 suite at Hotel Ocean and then had to spend time on the phone with a manager to get a credit since we got 4 mediocre, at best, rooms at the Park Central. He was nice enough but did not make up for our experience. Don't book this place, you may not even end up there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Although they advertise $33 Valet, they add a $12 resort Fee plus gratuity plus multiple state, county & city taxes - totaled up to $48. There's a parking garage about 1 block south. Could walk everywhere from this location. We were upgraded to Jr. Suite. Music from resturant was loud but we enjoyed it. (didn't go to south beach to go to bed early)

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Luckily on my day of arrival I called ahead to confirm the check in time. I was told that my reservation had been moved to the sister hotel "breakwater" 2 blocks down. Upon my arrival at the hotel the valet told me to drive around the block a few times until he could help me. Finally after 2 spins around the block the front desk tells me that my room is not ready. Mind you its 6pm and chick in is at 4pm. When I am given my room we take the elevator to the 4th floor and can't find the room number. So we had to go back downstairs to find out we were in the wrong tower. Would have been nice if someone told us that before we carried our luggage up. Finally after 10 minutes of searching we found the room.
The hotel is in a great location, which is why I have to give it a so-so rating. If you want to party and be able to walk around and see the spots its great.
If you want to relax in your room find somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed at Hotel Ocean during our yearly trip to the South Beach Food and Wine Festival. Got a great rate from booking.com. Booked the 2 bedroom suite. It was all that we wanted clean, spacious, comfortable and centrally located in the heart of South Beach. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

After reading some reviews, I was hesitant to book this hotel. However, I couldn't beat the location and price ($89 plus tax and resort fee). Our hotel room (301) was huge with a great view of the beach through the palm trees and wonderful windows. The room itself was nothing special - basic furniture, fixures, etc. Since I wanted to explore to explore South Beach, it didn't matter too much. If you want to go to sleep early, you will hear noise from the street and restaurant below. We went to sleep around 1 a.m. and it was quiet. At 10 p.m., it was noisy. The beds were comfortable.
The staff was nice but the breakfast was sparce - some rolls, cold cereal, and yogurt, tea, coffee, milk, and o.j.- nothing else.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one that faces the city side. If you want a view, ask for an upper floor on the front side but be prepared for noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple