“Great hotel in the heart of South Beach!”
Review of Hotel Ocean

Hotel Ocean
Ranked #154 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel in the heart of South Beach!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night in March. The price was average and I booked a basic room. However, I continuously requested an early check in, to which I was accomodated for. The kind man at the front desk, I think his name was Harold (not sure), allowed me to do so. Upon check in I was given a key to the basic room I booked. When I went to my room and opened the door I realized I had been upgraded to an ocean view suite, I was VERY pleased. The room was spacious, full of sunlight and extremely clean. It felt as if I had a mini condo on south beach. Not to mention the elevator only shared with one other room. It was great! I could fully see the ocean and the city on the other side from the balcony.

The ONLY complaint I had was that around dinner time I was trying to take a nap but there was a band playing in the courtyard below. With the thin windows I could hear absolutely everything..it felt as if I was outside.

Because of the location and great staff of this hotel I would recommend it and I would also stay here again...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We booked 4 rooms from the hotel's website. Got there early for South Beach Wine & Food Fest and wanted to leave our luggage and go enjoy the festival. We were told we did not have rooms as the hotel we booked but that we were upgraded to the Breakwater, inconveniently, a few blocks away. Our party of 9 shuffled down to the new location with our luggage. When we arrived our front desk person disappeared after we told her what we had just been told. After waiting a while, the manager appeared to tell us that we were misinformed and that we were, actually, now at the Park Central. Our original reservation at 12th & Ocean across the street from the Festival, was now at 6th & Ocean and, on top of that, the place was a bit of a dump. No one took responsibility for the changes and for not letting us know and we lost over an hour of time at the Festival for which we paid quite a bit for our tickets. We were pre-charged for 3 rooms and 1 suite at Hotel Ocean and then had to spend time on the phone with a manager to get a credit since we got 4 mediocre, at best, rooms at the Park Central. He was nice enough but did not make up for our experience. Don't book this place, you may not even end up there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Although they advertise $33 Valet, they add a $12 resort Fee plus gratuity plus multiple state, county & city taxes - totaled up to $48. There's a parking garage about 1 block south. Could walk everywhere from this location. We were upgraded to Jr. Suite. Music from resturant was loud but we enjoyed it. (didn't go to south beach to go to bed early)

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff P
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Luckily on my day of arrival I called ahead to confirm the check in time. I was told that my reservation had been moved to the sister hotel "breakwater" 2 blocks down. Upon my arrival at the hotel the valet told me to drive around the block a few times until he could help me. Finally after 2 spins around the block the front desk tells me that my room is not ready. Mind you its 6pm and chick in is at 4pm. When I am given my room we take the elevator to the 4th floor and can't find the room number. So we had to go back downstairs to find out we were in the wrong tower. Would have been nice if someone told us that before we carried our luggage up. Finally after 10 minutes of searching we found the room.
The hotel is in a great location, which is why I have to give it a so-so rating. If you want to party and be able to walk around and see the spots its great.
If you want to relax in your room find somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed at Hotel Ocean during our yearly trip to the South Beach Food and Wine Festival. Got a great rate from booking.com. Booked the 2 bedroom suite. It was all that we wanted clean, spacious, comfortable and centrally located in the heart of South Beach. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012