“Secret Treasure w/ the Best Staff!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Marlin Hotel

The Marlin Hotel
Ranked #6 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Secret Treasure w/ the Best Staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our first stay at the Marlin Hotel and it was fantastic. The rooms were just as described and because the hotel was recently renovated, it was in tip top shape. It felt like home. The staff was very flexible with our group as some arrived early and were able to check in without a problem. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect.

This hotel is very technologically savvy and the iPad was very cool. It controlled everything in the room from the TV to the drapes to all of the lights. The sound system in the room was also on point for those who like music and the TV was pretty cool also as it's almost built into the wall mirror. The room also had AppleTV with Netflix which was another huge plus!

Overall, we loved loved loved the Marlin Hotel and will definitely be back for another stay. Can't wait until the bar/lounge/restaurant opens!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank NaAsia C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Marlin Hotel is really special in many ways, but we had a few problems during our stay. As they just opened, I’m sure these things will get resolved once the hotel sorts everything out because the staff was friendly, the location is great and it totally delivers a sexy, rock-n-roll south beach vibe.
There was not much of a welcome or service upon arrival: their website said they had valet parking, but when we arrived on a Thursday afternoon there was none. The entrance was locked and the downstairs lobby was closed so I double parked in the front while my fiancé tried to get in. Someone (a bellhop?) came out and said the loading zone in front was hotel parking and said we could park there and let us into a small room but we never checked in really (we also got a parking ticket, but the hotel agreed to take care of it). I booked our stay through Jetsetter and after comparing my confirmation with the room description, I realized we were in a Studio C instead of the larger Studio B we reserved. Eventually we were given the Studio B which was much bigger and more comfortable. The room was very sexy, the bed was super comfy and the whole ipad thing was cool, but many of the functions did not work or were not set up yet. It seemed like there was a great sound system in the room, but we were not able to get it to work. The Jetsetter website mentioned that there was no pool, but that anyone who booked through Jetsetter would get beach towels and two large waters - we were told to use the room towels and I just didn’t bother to ask about the waters. There were other little issues like no bathrobes in our room, brown water came out of the shower head at first, you can’t have the sink on and the shower on at the same time (found that out while my fiancé was shaving and had soap in my eyes), and sometimes you would have to hunt somebody down if you needed assistance because I think they only have one person working there at a time and they couldn’t always answer the phone.
All that being said we still had a great time, the room was fantastic, the place has a great vibe and we would definitely stay here again. I think some of these things are to be expected at a new place and the person at the front desk mentioned they were still in their “soft opening” period. The Marlin is great for night owls and people who want to go out and enjoy the nightlife. My fiancé loved the fact they had recording studios downstairs and tried to book a recording session. I would love to see what it is like when the restaurant is open.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This was my second stay at the Marlin and it almost feels like home. The Lobby is stunning and the rooms are imaculate, comfortable and modern Miami. All the small details were thought of when designing this property. The location and physical space is amazing, but what really sets this hotel apart fromall the rest on South beach is the staff. They are really one of kind. They are accmodating, adress you by name, and are genuinley happy to have you staying with them at the Marlin. I cannot wait to come back and stay again!!

Room Tip: We stayedin rooms 307 and 308. Both great. I really dont think there is a bad room in the hotel.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

What does this boutique hotel need to do to be ranked in the best 3 of South Florida (on TripAdvisor, I might say - I am sure it is on some other travel sites but my reservation was here)?
The Marlin Hotel is absolutely one of the BEST places to enjoy a city such as Miami Beach. You want location, it is right in the center and in the middle of the action, yet quiet and comfortable as soon as you enter the key-coded security main entrance. You want sophistication, class, oh my god - AWESOME staff, you are in the right place. When I needed some relaxing time off from my travel partners (3 girlfriends), I went down to the lobby for some quiet reading time and nice music and to my surprise I was not once bothered by a staff or even a guest. Everyone I saw and met in this place was so friendly and classy and respectful. LOVED IT and recommend it to everyone. I wish I can live there. AMAZING hotel.

Room Tip: I like the feel of warmth of the sun in the morning - so for me, rooms on the south side of the hote...
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I just spent a week at the Marlin. When I first walked in, first thing that caught my attention was the chandelier, then the books in the library....right away I knew this is going to be an elegant hotel. When I checked in, I was giving an iPad 2 and I thought that was pretty cool, but then when the receptionist walked me to the room and explained that my iPad controls the whole room, now that is something else, the iPad controlled the windows curtains, A/C, lights, TV (BTW the TV is behind the mirror, so when you turn the TV on, your mirror becomes a TV).

Overall, the room itself is amazing, super clean, very modern and trendy.The Hotel location is great, close to eveerything and the staff is super friendly.