“Undiscovered South Beach Treasure”
Review of The Marlin Hotel

The Marlin Hotel
Ranked #9 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Undiscovered South Beach Treasure”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

So I was planning a spontaneous trip for a long weekend to Miami with my wife. I could not find a decent hotel that weekend. Apparently some big convention or event was going on. I usually stay at the Delano, or the W Hotel but they were both fully booked. A friend of mine that leaves in Miami Beach told me to check out the Marlin Hotel. My first reaction was…I never even heard of it so I am doubt it will be good. My friend told me the Marlin is a precious secret super luxury hotel that has just been fully renovated (and completely rewired electronically) and that I should really try it. I did not have other options so I decided to do it.

We finally arrived at the Marlin and this little boutique hotel was amazing. We checked in at a private VIP style check in office. We received a brand new iPad (Yes iPad) upon check in that became our “go to” device for anything we needed in the room. This iPad controlled the A/C, lights, TV, and everything else that was electrically powered in the room. The room itself was amazing too. Super luxury. My wife and I were joking how we felt a little guilty being pampered by such luxury on our mini-vacation.

Apparently this hotel is known among celebrities and well-known musicians who come to South Beach and want to maintain some privacy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kiterunner18
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2012

If I had stayed only 3 nights I would have given this hotel the highest rating there is. The location, room, and friendly hosts were amazing. However, as described, there is a recording studio on the ground floor, with only two floors of rooms above. The problem was on my last, fourth night. We came home early for a Saturday night (midnight) as we had to catch a flight and leave the hotel by 8am the next morning. My friend and I were in a room on the second floor. At around 12:30am - RAP recording STARTED. The base beat was unbearable, the bed was actually shaking. IT DID NOT STOP UNTIL 7AM! No lie- 7 HOURS straight of rap recording- one story below where we were trying to get sleep. I don't understand why this is allowed and acceptable- its just not practical or fair for paying hotel customers. I wanted to cry but was completely helpless. I understand the appeal and edge and vibe that the studio creates, but how about studio hours? 12AM - 7AM straight??? Unreal.
If anyone feels they absolutely must stay here, I strongly recommend you request a room on the 3rd floor.. The second floor is too risky- unless you are a really really sound sleeper or just plan to be passed out each night.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank KBKB23
sao paulo
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is almost the definition of Boutique. Incredible decoration, mixed with the local architecture. The rooms are very confortable, modern, trendy. I wish I had stayed longer. The lobby is also pretty cool and the service is very prompt and polite. Next time I come to Miami I'll definitly stay there!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OliveiraPorto
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Excellent location, AMAZING environment and very friendly staff! Definitely the best spot to stay in South Beach! Ipad controlled high tech rooms, the TV behind the mirror, breathe taking Music Studio, running into celebrities in hotel hallways and having the best treatment from the friendly staff was fan-tas-tic!! We will pick Marlin anytime we go to Miami.. no doubt!!
Cant wait for the next visit!!

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic..
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 2 March 2012

After recent renovation the Marlin Hotel is one the best places to stay in South Beach Miami. The staff is very kind and assist you with everything you need. The rooms are very clean and with the ultimate audio & video electronics. The location is excelent and the rates are reasonable for what the hotel offers. I stayed there in last January 2012 and intend to return soon with my wife. There is a famous recording studio at the street level, The South Beach Studio, one of the most famous recording studios in the USA. It deserves a guided tour. Please ask the manager to guide you there when they are not recording.

Room Tip: The third floor is the best, but all rooms are excellent. The best silent rooms are at the rear of t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple