“Loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lindenhurst, NY
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

A few of us took my cousin for her birthday to Miami for the weekend back in December. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The price was right up our alley and the location was great. Walking distance to a lot of great places including the beach. I had read a couple of reviews that mentioned Francois and I must say, he lived up to all the great things I read! He helped us organize nights out that left us with nothing much to do except have a great time. The hotel was very accomodating and the staff was fantastic. We loved it so much that now we're going back this weekend for my own birthday!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MandersNY
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Me and a few girlfriends stayed at the Kent for 4 days recently and we had a blast. The room was clean and up to date. I loved the fact the bathroom had one of those stretch out magnifying mirrors because that really helped when it was time to put on makeup! My only complaint about the hotel is that the room we were in was small and the the elevator was difficult to maneuver with large suitcases. It was 4 of us in a room. it was JUST ENOUGH space for all of us. We did have to shimmy past the little table that was sticking out over the fridge. However, I knew the room wasn't going to be huge, but that little ledge made it very difficult to get our luggage past it. The location of the hotel was excellent, we just walked a block over and we were on ocean dr. The front desk guy, Jose, he became our bff! He was awesome. He let us do an early check in and a late checkout. He was very helpful with everything and he made our experience there a joy. He recommended to us a great Cuban restaurant. I also appreciated how housekeeping was on top of it. You know how some hotels housekeeping never knocks on your door, they knocked on our door every morning to clean the room. We didn't eat at the restaurant there, but they did play good music. Overall I was very pleased with my stay at the Kent hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank travel2008cdrtdd
Dear Guest, thank you for the great review, our rooms are an average size for most boutique hotels in South Beach, and actually larger than others as they are roughly between 350sq. ft. to 400sq. ft., but we will concur that for four people with lots of bags space can be tight - we are glad to know that despite that you were still happy with your overall stay and we welcome you back in the near future!
edmonton, ab
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Front desk could really use some customer service skills. A little smile and politeness goes a long way to your paying customers. The hallway smelled of weed. The sheets had stains on them and the room could definitely have been cleaner. The air conditioner in the room was really loud and the people stomping around/having domestics in the hallway at all hours of the night made it almost impossible to sleep. The location is great but unless you want to party the whole time you're there (you'd need to be drunk and passed out to get a decent night sleep) stay somewhere else.

I have never written a negative review and I've traveled all over Europe/South Pacific. This place was a bad decision.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lex d
Dear Janet, please contact me when you can at sales@thekenthotel.com, your review does not reflect what our establishment strives for and what our product provides, I would like to get more details on what room you stayed in and when so that we can look into your complaints and correct them as soon as possible.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

A few girlfriends and I stayed at the Kent Hotel for a girls weekend and had a blast! We were aiming for a wild weekend in South Beach on a budget, and thats exactly what we got. The hotel staff were super nice and accommodating (heres a special shoutout to Francois, Juan, and the guy with the light eyes!) and the housekeeping staff was hilarious. The hotel is just around the corner from the beach and all the fun bars and clubs in South Beach. If you're looking for something clean, affordable, and conveniently located with a helpful staff, this is it!The rooms are really nice and relatively simple, which worked for us because the time spent in the room was kept to a minimum. We can't wait to plan another trip down to Miami and we will definitely be staying at the Kent. If anyone says otherwise about this place, they are cray cray!
PS- The gyro place across the street is crazy delicious and nights out should definitely end there.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel's website to get a better deal! We got a 10% discount for booking 3 or mo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dobby2990
Thank you for the wonderful review, glad to hear staff made your stay worthwhile!
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Im writing this at 1130 pm in my room at the Kent Hotel because I can't sleep.

I was terribly worried as I was trying to check in, 2 different parties were complaining on their way out. Staff wasn't rude, but sure haven't taken any courses on friendliness.

The air conditioner is terribly loud and continually on, and it's far too hot to turn off. The toilet makes a loud refilling noise every 5 or so minutes and because of the age of the building, you can hear everyone come and go.

This is the first time that I have complained about my hotel, flight, excursion, trip, etc online, so I feel pretty strongly about it.

The instant I walked into my room I honestly wondered if it was at one time a social housing project. The pictures online (even the ones left my past guests) do not do justice on how disappointed I was with the place.

The location is fantastic, but what's the point if i cant sleep? I will be looking at other hotels in the morning.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor and the in house restaurant
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, its painful just reading your review, but it seems so many things could have been very easy fixes, this being written on a Sunday with inventory left, I would have suggested a simple room move to quell some of your fears - please contact me at your earliest convenience at sales@thekenthotel.com, I would like to know the full details of your stay and see what we could do for you for all your troubles.