“Awesome!”

Ranked #108 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Raleigh, NC
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

A few girlfriends and I stayed at the Kent Hotel for a girls weekend and had a blast! We were aiming for a wild weekend in South Beach on a budget, and thats exactly what we got. The hotel staff were super nice and accommodating (heres a special shoutout to Francois, Juan, and the guy with the light eyes!) and the housekeeping staff was hilarious. The hotel is just around the corner from the beach and all the fun bars and clubs in South Beach. If you're looking for something clean, affordable, and conveniently located with a helpful staff, this is it!The rooms are really nice and relatively simple, which worked for us because the time spent in the room was kept to a minimum. We can't wait to plan another trip down to Miami and we will definitely be staying at the Kent. If anyone says otherwise about this place, they are cray cray!
PS- The gyro place across the street is crazy delicious and nights out should definitely end there.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel's website to get a better deal! We got a 10% discount for booking 3 or mo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dobby2990
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review, glad to hear staff made your stay worthwhile!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Im writing this at 1130 pm in my room at the Kent Hotel because I can't sleep.

I was terribly worried as I was trying to check in, 2 different parties were complaining on their way out. Staff wasn't rude, but sure haven't taken any courses on friendliness.

The air conditioner is terribly loud and continually on, and it's far too hot to turn off. The toilet makes a loud refilling noise every 5 or so minutes and because of the age of the building, you can hear everyone come and go.

This is the first time that I have complained about my hotel, flight, excursion, trip, etc online, so I feel pretty strongly about it.

The instant I walked into my room I honestly wondered if it was at one time a social housing project. The pictures online (even the ones left my past guests) do not do justice on how disappointed I was with the place.

The location is fantastic, but what's the point if i cant sleep? I will be looking at other hotels in the morning.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor and the in house restaurant
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, its painful just reading your review, but it seems so many things could have been very easy fixes, this being written on a Sunday with inventory left, I would have suggested a simple room move to quell some of your fears - please contact me at your earliest convenience at sales@thekenthotel.com, I would like to know the full details of your stay and see what we could do for you for all your troubles.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at The Kent Hotel for 11 nights and it was absolutely worth it. The location is great. Close to the beach, night clubs, bars, restaurants and shopping. They have a friendly and positive staff as well as nice rooms.

I do highly recommend this hotel - especially to other teens whom are traveling.

Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank nikolodeon_tv
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and pictures provided of the property, we hope to serve you again in the future.
Prefernottosay
Reviewed 10 April 2012

the kent is a decent option for miami beach. anywhere else, it would probably be $69/night (not $120). the room was large, had a king, had a mini-fridge, had an air-conditioner, and was right in the middle of all the south beach action. it was also quiet and dark and easy to sleep to at night. however, the hotel has no pool or beach chair/towel service, there were hairs in my bathroom and on my towels when i arrived, my sheets were never changed during a week-long stay despite my request, the bed was uncomfortable, and they tried to charge the entire amount of my stay up front. overall, would stay here again if i needed a hotel option in south beach that is less expensive than the hotels along ocean drive, but the hotel is really just ok.

Room Tip: call the manager to negotiate the best possible rate.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank traveler01010
Dear Guest, I'm sorry to read about your poor experience, even though you had some positive things to say about the hotel I would like to focus on the negatives. We do not have a pool or beach chair service, we do have free beach towels that we give out to our guests so that they can use at the beach, this is a free service that I assume you were not aware of, with regards to beach chairs there is a company that manages them on South Beach called the Boucher Brothers, they can be found anywhere in South Beach by finding any employee with a white "Staff" shirt walking on the beach, this is not a free service as it is an outside company. As hotel policy we do not charge the entire amount of your stay up front, in order to book the hotel you must pre-pay the first night's room and tax, once you arrive to the hotel, if you are paying in Cash then yes, we would need to charge you upfront, if you pay with a Debit Card or Credit Card, we simply authorize, NOT charge, your card for the remaining balance so that you may choose your own payment method upon check-out, this is standard procedure for most hotels worldwide, quite frankly our policy is one of the most lenient, I do not know of any hotel that will let you check-in without a credit card authorization or a cash deposit should you not have a credit card on hand. I am concerned about your claim of not receiving housekeeping service throughout your stay, unless your door had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on it, we would have cleaned the room regardless of it being requested or not, please contact me, Eddie Nunez, at sales@thekenthotel.com, I would like to know what room and dates you stayed with us so that I can investigate this claim further.
NYC
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Great location, just off the beach, and good front-desk service. Ideal for walking to most places, so we did not need a car.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sport5639
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for the great review, we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again!