Essex House
Hotel Edison(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Princess Ann Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Sherbrooke Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
1,981 results
All reviewssister hotelocean driveclevelander hotelin south beachhappy hourart decoking suitesmall poolsushi restaurantcontinental breakfastyogurtlocation is greatbeach towelscollins avebars and restaurantsfree drinksvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Essex House July 15th to 19ty and we enjoyed every minute of our stay! The hotel is in a perfect location at Collins and 9th Ave...it's a 1 minute walk to Ocean Dr and the beach. The rooms are well maintained, beds are comfortable and the shower has great water pressure. The hotel has a perfect plunge pool that is completely surrounded by trees and plants so if you want to get away from the action on the beach it's a perfect place to relax and unwind. The lobby has plenty of seating and is kept nice and cool...also beer and wine is served for free from 4pm to 5pm everyday...nothing wrong with that!
The front desk staff were wonderful and extremely helpful...especially Jermaine, aka "Boris" (call him this and see what he says!), he went out of his way to get a room ready for us even though we arrived at 10am...by the time we got back from brunch our room was ready and waiting. Domingo is also another awesome employee who always has a smile on his face and made some good restaurant suggestions. There is going to be a sushi restaurant at the hotel soon...with the nice outdoor seating area I'm sure it will only add to the excellence of the hotel!
The hotel is right beside the Clevelander so take advantage of the happy hour there that starts at 4pm...drinks are half price! Everything else is so close, restaurants, clubs...we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is a very COZY hotel.. No the rooms are not Huge, but quite comfortable!! The staff was wonderful!!! Location is in the heart of everything!!!
While I was having a bad day due to a horrible experience at the Medi Cafe the front desk rep came to my room with a Pina colada and told me that she wished I had a wonderful day and everything would be ok. I really appreciated that. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would visit again!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Timeka B
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I visited south beach with wife from july 9-13th and stood at the essex houseThe hotel is at a great location in the heart of south beach one block from ocean drive close enough to the party but far enough not to hear all the noise and to get a good nights rest. The staff were all amazing and very professional. Domingo, jermaine, and Camilo were very helpfull and all went out of their way to make our experience at essex amazing. I would really recomend this hotel!! P.s the free beers and wine during happy hour is a plus!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My wife and I stayed three days at the Essex House and was very impressed with the atmosphere and the service. The hotel is perfectly located close to many lounges, clubs and restaurants in South Beach. The service was exceptional as the staff was friendly and extremely accommodating during our stay. In particular Domingo and Jamal displayed great hospitality and were very helpful during our stay. Thanks we wil return again soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alvin K
Reviewed 16 July 2012

June 2012. It was my first time in South Beach, Miami. This hotel is in the middle of great clubs, lounges and great restaurants. The staff was extremely nice and welcoming. I wil definitely stay at this hotel again.

Upstate, NY