Essex House
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 203
Hilton.com
US$ 326
US$ 268
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 371/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
US$ 230
US$ 201
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 273/night.

The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$ 219
US$ 193
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 256/night.

US$ 198
US$ 181
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 460
US$ 420
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 366
US$ 284
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 315/night.

The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 250
US$ 215
  • Beachfront
Boulan South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 269
US$ 240
1,997 results
All reviewssister hotelocean driveclevelander hotelsouth beachhappy hourart decoking suitesmall poolsushi restaurantcontinental breakfastyogurtlocation is greatbeach towelscollins avebars and restaurantsfree drinksvalet parking
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My partner and I enjoyed our stay in this beautiful art deco hotel. The friendly and helpful staff make it a pleasant stay. Good bar with nice out door seating area and a small pool to cool off in after a hot day. Free towels for the beach and free happy hour make for a stress free stay. The rooms are not big by American standards but this hotel was built in the early 1900's but still very nice rooms. Ask for a side room as they are quieter and away from the busy Collins Avenue. Having stayed in a number of good hotels in South Beach over the years, the Essex is the best to date.

Room Tip: Ask for a side room away from Collins Avenue.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Paulm61
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The room was small but clean, room 306 faces the alley with a view of a wall & trash bins. Also, there was a moldy/musky smell (I think from carpet) I had a bit of a cold and the smell seemed to make my cough & congestion worse. I booked Sunday for stay Saturday-Monday. Considering the late booking, they were accommodating. The hotel is located directly behind The Clevelander. I'd recommend the Essex House if you would like to get a couple hrs sleep. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank seethew0rld01
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Our family stayed here over the Easter holiday and could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience. We had to be moved from the Clevelander because not everyone was 21. Dissapointing at first, to be moved, but then it turned out to be a bonus in disguise for us. From A to Z, this rocked. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Christy A
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just returned from my second visit to the Essex House in 4 months. Elegant, classy hotel. NOT stuffy. Staff is wonderful. In the middle of everything you go to South Beach for. One short block from Ocean Drive and the beach. I like that it is quiet day and night. I have stayed on Ocean Drive where it is SO loud day and night. Hard to get a good night's sleep. I look forward to my next visit to South Beach and the Essex House.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 11 April 2012

It was heaven to grab a beach towel from the front desk and only walk a short block to a beautiful stretch of beach, then enjoy the free Happy Hour wine for guests and delicious mojitos at the Essex's charming patio/lounge/porch/pool! The staff were helpful and courteous, the valet parking service very prompt, and it was terrific to be within walking distance of so many great restaurants. And of course it's so cool to stay at a great example of art deco style.

We're older early birds, so a quieter room was our first priority. The front desk did give us one facing the courtyard, and we heard no noise at all from the outside. However, the walls are thin, and we could hear the neighboring room's TV until almost midnight; still it's South Beach, and you can't expect everyone to go to bed at 10:30. We were away from our room on our first day from about 10:00 until 3:30 or so, and our room was just being made up. The next day, we put up the Clean Our Room sign, and it was ready when we got back, so I'd recommend that tip if you want the room earlier than 4:00-4:30. My biggest complaint about the room is that it was a single, and I can't really say it was comfortable. The bed was smallish and kind of hard, there was no chest of drawers , no room to put anything in the small bathroom or the room itself. But there were bedside lights on both sides of the bed, and the temp control worked great.

It sounds like the suites are much more commodious, so if we go to this area again, I guess we'll see if we can afford one. But the hotel itself will still be our first choice.

Room Tip: Facing courtyard is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple