“MOLD AND FIGHTS”

Ranked #187 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Ventura, California
“MOLD AND FIGHTS”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Majestic is in the best location for the least price. This was our first stay (and last) and wanted to experience South Beach. There was nowhere to park for registration or valet parking. We reserved a room with a king size bed, but got two fulls instead. There were no other rooms. The bathroom shower was loaded with mold and the toilet sat 6" from a wall so anyone over 4 feet tall needed to sit side saddle. The window blinds were broken and the windows were so dirty, you could barely see out. There were fights and door slammings all night in neighboring rooms so slleping was out. parking was a $27 dollar extra that was never mentioned and there are about 6 different taxes added for who knows what.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank RONALD R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Manhattan NY
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Hi everyone my name is Irene K. from NY I have stayed in The Majestic Hotel on 7th st and Ocean for 5 times and every single time I had a great time, I cannot believe what other people write and it sounds plain and simple like they hate life and people all together. I found the hotel thru an older contact, a front desk man named Al, hispanic guy who was very nice to me and always gives me a great discount ( even on holidays call this man,) and most of the times a free upgrade to the ocean front (bigger room) and eary check in and late check outs. He will hold your luggage after check out time also.For an eldery person like me I would not stayed where the front desk staff was mean. I love the hotel, the location, the view, ocean dr, the hotel is always clean and taken care of, all the staff is smiling all the time, the pictures of the lobby are true that's how the lobby was but they had renovated with the arrival of the restaurant like most hotels are doing in South Beach, the pictures of the rooms are acurate and real, everytime I come they are renovating, painting, fumigating, washing the carpet etc, No way the rooms are nasty, what the heck is jayday talking about I dont know, they give you beach towels everyday and breakfast is a low as $5.75, my only problem I have is some ghetto people that come to south beach, they're ruinnnig the area, the come in gangs of 5, 6 people and try to stay in the same room for the same price. I knew in advanced about the resort fee since I was told about it the very first time by Al, all hotels have it, you must read the terms and agreement jayday plus you probably dont travel a lot. I go to the sister hotel to use the pool always, the Carlton on collins ave for same price, I thank you Al for the great attitude and your service for people cus I see you doing it all the time, Thanks Majestic for the free daily coffee and drinking water bottles,wi-fi and free local calls. I'll put you on facebook with the rest of the people Im love, I will return of course

Room Tip: Call the front desk directly they will match or beat the price on the websites, ocean fronts are a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Irene K
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked this hotel for one night before going on a cruise. The price was decent for being a spring break saturday night in South Beach. However, if I would've waited a little longer to book, I believe I could've gotten a 3.5 or 4 star hotel for a similar price. (this was rated 2.5 star). Now to the room... It was very very very small, but clean and it did the job. If you're looking for an economical option in the heart of the action, give it a try. If you want luxury and quiet, keep looking. We ate dinner right on the sidewalk at the restaurant under the hotel. And the clerk was very nice, he even called me a cab as I was checking out. I would stay here again, but I would like to try other properties first for my next trip to SoBe.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 12 April 2012

1ST the pictures are a damn lie!!!! The lobby nor the rooms look anything like the pictures. Staff is horrible and cant speak english. Hidden fees when you check in and out!!! The room were beyond nasty! JUST LOOK PASS THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU LIKE LIVING IN DIRT!!!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank jayday10

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My stay at this hotel was quite disappointing. I traveled to miami with my sisters and was happy about one thing it was across the street from the beach. The rooms are very tiny especially the bathroom. It was pretty clean and there is no full length mirror in the room. That is a necessity for me when getting dressed for the club at night. The front desk manager was rude and unhelpful and I will not return there They never had complimentary beach towels oe umbrellas which they advertise on thier website and be prepared to be harassed everytime you walk out the door by the people in front to have a drink or dinner or whatever overpriced "special" they are advertising.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family