“Nice Cuban lunch place”
Review of Karla Bakery

Karla Bakery
Ranked #21 of 84 Bakeries in Miami
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

We ate here on our way to the airport. It is a nice, small Cuban place. They have tasty, and by the way huge, sandwiches and pastry.

I can definitely suggest the Cuban sandwich combo. It will probably be too much for one person so will get a doggy bag right away aside.

It will be indeed much easier to order if you speak Spanish. ;-)

Reviewed 21 January 2016

We hadn't been to Miami for many years and one of the things I was looking forward to was getting a delicious Cuban sandwich. I had high expectations and was disappointed by the bland seasoning of the sandwich. We ended up wasting 1-1/2 huge sandwiches. I thought that maybe it was us and we had forgotten what Cuban sandwiches should taste like, but we went to a different spot (a little hole in the wall joint) later that day and got delicious sandwiches just like we remembered having years ago.

1  Thank MizOutlawX
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Empanadas are wonderful. Some of the desserts were a little dry. Most of the staff did not speak English, so I had to point at what I wanted.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

All day long I had been craving an empanada - finally on my way home, I happen to be get off on Flagler St. because traffic was driving me nuts (and sort off accidentally - gotta love Miami traffic!) - and so, I saw Karla Bakery, and I stopped. I was not only dying for an empanada, but to get out of the car too. I was surprised at their selection - Colombian, Argentinian, and as well as your traditional Cuban empanadas. I played it safe and ordered 3 - chicken, pork, and a ham & cheese one...let me tell you, ALL 3 were delicious! I don't know which I liked better, but I do know that I'm going there again - Great Empanadas!

1  Thank Jose R
Reviewed 7 February 2015

I was eating an empenada when I found a dead roach I was completely disgusted i do not recommend well at least check your pastries before something like my incident occurs.

Been to Karla Bakery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK