All reviews front desk the breakfast area room was clean miami airport stay there again free breakfast the shuttle driver free shuttle yogurt mini fridge booked this hotel minute drive rental car cruise port pre cruise stay one night stay south beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel room was clean but very warm even though we turned the grumbling, yes it made that sound, AC down to it's lowest level. In addition the lighting in the room was dark.An ok place if you have to stay here due to an airport delay, cancellation, etc but nowhere that I would stay for multiple nights.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi 356tonyb,

Thank you for choosing us. While I am glad that you found our room to be clean, I was quite concerned that you had some issues with the AC and lighting. I know these may have caused some inconvenience for you and I am sorry. I will let our maintenance team take a look at your concerns for actions needed.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Mike F.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was in the process of being refurbished so there were some areas that had not been updated yet. The television in our room was unable to get the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) therefore we were not able to watch any football games. Because many people stay at this hotel either pre or post cruise, their ability to store luggage for their guests was quite small and unable to handle the volume. Since I was the group leader for our cruise I felt like we let our couples down when we arrived back after the cruise.

Date of stay: November 2018

Hi GoodWitch52,

Thank you for preferring to stay with us after your cruise! I'm sorry we let you down. I know the television could have been handy for your relaxation. We are hoping that any outstanding issue will be resolved as soon as the refurbishment is complete. You raised a good point about the area for luggage hold. The extent of your patience is highly appreciated as we deliver our promise of Creating Great Hotels, Guests Love. We hope that this experience will not stop you from choosing us again.

Regards,

Anna R

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the holiday Inn - was a great room - and front desk staff. Only down side there where/was we had little “mits” near the coffee machine. I guess the humidity doesn’t help. But I. All 4/5 star - generally holiday-inn is a great hotel brand.

This hotel- does expect you to pay for parking though $12.00 per night.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Due to the unexpected delay of my connection flight, I had to spend a night in Miami and my only available option was this Holiday Inn location.
The swimming pool was nice but the room was not clean that I had to ask for another room. Also, the restaurant was not worth it. It is suggested that to drive to Miami downtown to check out the restaurants there instead.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi JiJi S,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a candid review. We’re glad that our location and pool were to your liking. We apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations and the challenges you had with the cleanliness and restaurant service. Your feedback regarding this and the overall condition of the room have been taken note of. We will certainly look into these issues to work on areas of improvement and achieve superior guest satisfaction. We would love to have another opportunity to welcome you back and take care of your traveling needs.

Tracy V.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for two nights about ten days ago. We were in the area visiting family and it was a convenient location to where we wanted to go. The hotel is undergoing renovations but the room we stayed in had already been done and it was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, the towels were fluffy, everything was very clean and there was plenty of hot water for our showers. Even though it was near the airport and in a busy area there was no road or airport noise to bother us. The breakfast area was well kept and they offered plenty of choices and really good coffee.
There are indoor corridor and elevators for those concerned about safety. Definitely a place I would return to when I visit nearby family.

Date of stay: October 2018