“If you smoke, this is a nice hotel”

Days Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #96 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Toms River, New Jersey
“If you smoke, this is a nice hotel”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I say this because the first floor smells like a cigarette break room. Luckily I asked for a non-smoking room on the second floor, but you can only do so much to get the smoke out. I could still smell a little of the smoke in the bed covers, which I'm assuming they use in all of the rooms. (The quarter-sized burn hole I found in my covers gave it away.) The rest of the room was fine, kind of old, neither good nor bad, a little ugly, but I was really just there to get a quick start to the airport the next morning. Which I did - in their free, smoke-stinking shuttle.

Room Tip: Be sure you arrive early for the airport shuttle - it gets crowded very quickly
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your review. the hotel is now smoke free.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Let us start from the beginning... when I came down to Miami from Orlando to visit my best friend who was in Miami on business, I wasn't expecting for my experience to be on the bitter-sweet end. After I coudn't find an available room at the hotel where she was staying,I had to find a hotel room asap, because it was already 2 am, I was extremely exausted from the trip & a long day at work. I should have know better... "be prepared not to find a hotel room when there is a convention going"...anyways, I finally found a hotel room available at this hotel. Honestly speaking this hotel needs to start up fresh again!!! air out the rooms, rip the carpets and replace them, and do a hotel makeover. I am not a smoker and hate the smell of such, however, this time I had to either put up with it or sleep in my car!! so I chose option 1, now.. If I can help it... I would not, would not, stay in this hotel again, I did because of the circumstances. Next time, I'll rely on TripAdvisor and book a room ahead of time... for any of my last minute trips or long trips. Good luck to you all.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lotus L
We are sorry for any inconvenience, the hotel is smoke free at this time.
Trinidad
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The service was not very impressive. The front desk person wasn't even able to give proper details of nearby activities or able to provide us with info on how to get around. They charge extra for checking in early. The room was not properly cleaned and the ambiance wasn't quite welcoming. The lighting was poor.

The iron wasn't working in the room and I wasn't able to get it replaced to iron my clothes for the next day. They have a pool not heated but it was the highlight of the place in addition to the fact that they were closely located to Merchandise Mart which is why we chose to stay there in the first place. It may be best suited for someone who just needs to overnight.

Getting around is very expensive and public transport was very unreliable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
lebu, chili
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had an overnight flight into Miami airport and not knowing any of the hotels chose this one due to the Brand name and the low price. The shuttle took a long time to pick us up. The front desk person was nice enough and from the oudside the hotel looked ok. The main problem for us was the smell of smoke. It was really overpowering in the hallways and the room itself smelled of smoke. The bedspread needed changing and the room was not spotless but nothing too bad. The hotel was ok for just one night but if we had to stay here on holiday I think we would probably have found somewhere else. We had to leave before breakfast so can not comment on that. The shuttle back to the airport was fine.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jacobs442
Thank you for your review, the hotel is smoke free at the present.
Viterbo, Italy
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This kind of hotel is the worst and dirtiest I've ever stayed in.. You arrive and park, and until this moment it looks everything ok, except that you have to pay extra for parking. Then, you enter your room and a bad smell comes over you! You try to open the windows and it is impossible!! They are sealed! And receptionist doesn't know anything!! You reach the peak when you find blood on the towels and hair on the worn sheets!!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank italiansinchicago
tequesta_1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your review.