“Great vibe - even better food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CVI.CHE 105

CVI.CHE 105
Reserve with OpenTable
CVI.CHE 105 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 4,138 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 30
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: CVI.CHE 105 is a seven-year award-winning Peruvian restaurant located in the cosmopolitan city of Miami. Known for their vast selection of creative and unique ceviches, among several other traditional dishes, CVI.CHE 105 has risen to represent Peruvian gastronomy in one of the most important destinations in the United States, conquering the most demanding palates locally and nationwide.
Brooklyn, New York
“Great vibe - even better food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

What a scene!! The restaurant was packed so we waited at the bar for a table. My husband and I were mesmerized by the waiters holding huge platters of gorgeous food as they pressed through the crowded space. I got a Cevichini which was kinda like drinking a whole bunch of alcoholic cilantro - at first I thought it was odd, then refreshing, then I was sad that it was all gone. We ordered ceviche anconero and lomo salteado. Both were incredible! I've never had such amazing ceviche (must go to Peru now!) - the big chunks of fish with that hint of spice were so delicious. The beef was also excellent - though the french fries were pretty soggy by the time they hit our table.

There are apparently lots of things to order beyond the menu - we saw smoking sangria and huge platters of food - so be sure to ask what their specials are!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Weston, Florida
“WHAT A SHAME! BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUYS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Be careful if the waiter tries to push you one of their "great specials" that are not in the menu since they will make sure they convince you about them and then charge you more than double the price of similar plates in the menu....It doesn't matter if the place and the food is OK, i wont ever go back here...what a shame for the management for setting this rip off up.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Luis H
Miami
“Best place for ceviche in DT Miami.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Love this place! The best ceviche in DT Miami. Great food, prices are pretty comparable for the area. The place has expanded so there is always plenty of seating and their service is great.

Visited April 2012
Orlando
“Had high expectations....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I just visited Miami for a concert near downtown, however Ceviche 105 was in my number one restaurant to visit as am Peruvian and love ceviche.
From the valet guy to the hostess and our server: all excellent customer service, the restaurant is overall casual and nice. It was just the two us and got seated promptly. Our server was a delight, we started with a traditional Pisco Sour and a Passion Fruit Pisco sour and an Ceviche Orgy ( I think that was the name of the dish). The ceviche sampler looked delicious, 3 portions of ceviche varieties with sweet potato al dente and cancha(toasted corn). I tried the ceviche finding a sour/acid after taste that lingered on my mouth after every bite. The ceviche tasted ok, but this aftertaste just didn't go away, I really wanted to like it. My companion felt the same about the ceviche, so I informed a nice lady, IDK if she was the manager, about my discontent with the ceviche.She was nice and took the plate from the table to "fix" the issue I guess. When she came back, she told me nicely that 3 of the chefs on site checked the ceviche and it was fine for them, I told her that it was not the lime or seasoning, that it was the fish itself that tasted sour. She told me that I already ate it... So: " or you eat or you take it to go". What could I say to that answer, I told her to cancel the entrees I already ordered and that I would pay for the ceviche( that I didn't like or finished ) and the drinks. While I was waiting for the check, the chefs/owner came to my table in a very aggressive manner and pointing his finger at me told me:"!!!There is nothing wrong with the ceviche !! And what you are saying is wrong!! AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT." OMG I couldn't believe it, what a nasty way to behave with two ladies that came to your restaurant to have a nice meal. I kept it civil for the sake of my companion, I informed him I already spoke with this lady and I was going to pay the bill and just go. Mr.Chipoco, I guess that's his name, has no manners whatsoever to handle a situation of customer insatisfaction. Overall, I wish I never tried this ceviche, so at least I would've tried the entrees I ordered, our server was very nice and helpful but for this kind of treatment I will not come back to this
place again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ralva G
Delmar, New York
“Exciting Peruvian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

Ceviche 105 is an unpretentious, inexpensive restaurant with terrific food and a very nice ambience. My wife and I shared the lomo steak and a chef's special ceviche and the food was plentiful and delicious. With two drinks the cost was less than $60. Highly recommended.

Been to CVI.CHE 105? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK