“Wow”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Havana
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of hosting a team of local leaders here based on their recommendation and the place is GREAT! I was very impressed from the service to the cleanliness and of course the quality of the food!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

This used to be my favorite place to buy croquetas I live out of state so my in laws bring them to me when they come. This time we received chicken ones instead of ham and when I called to let them know they were extremely rude specially the manager Abel. He even told me to take them back like if I live around the corner he was super unprofessional. Definitely never going back of recommending this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by a local and it did not disappoint. I had the Arroz Moro (rice with black beans) and the cordon bleu with their croquettes. It was great.

Only downside is that soft drinks don’t come with refills.

The staff mostly speaks only Spanish but it isn’t a big deal when it comes to ordering.

Overall good experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Islas Canarias is a great restaurant for fresh and authentic Spanish food. Excellent service and the restaurant is always open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have best coquetas in town. Strongly recommended for families or any occasion, including business luncheons; reasonable prices.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I was a longtime customer 15 year plus, yes because today it is my last visit to the Islas Canarias Restaurant 3804 SW 137th Ave Miami, FL 33175. The place looks great after remodel and expansion, but now lacks in time service and food quality, it has been damage big time. During my visit, there were one or two waitresses per table I would say around 20-25 walking and moving around and only two cooks or chefs. Our waitress took the order and it was only after 30 min later it was deliver. While we waited I looked around and we could see multiple tables with customers looking around at each others faces ,it was like a comedic movie to see their facial expressions of expectation and wonder like what the heck is going on here; food was serve undercook fries and steak. I don't understand how this place got so bad and at the same time people still go there, maybe for loyalty or a place that has some Cuban food. I Pay almost $80.00 and still felt completely cheated out of my money and my eating experience. Hope the owners ( la Finca -Islas Canarias at 26st) make the adjustment needed to bring customers like me back .

EileenAndrade, Owner at Islas Canarias, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi George M.,

We appreciate your feedback and will take up your concerns with our kitchen and staff as it is not our standard for delivering fresh food and superb service for over 30 years. We do hope that your previous time with us will not deter you from joining us in the future for a better experience and hope to find you at our table soon. Thank you for your review.