“Excellent but Pricey = Very Good”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The staff at the Conrad must stay awake nights trying to figure out new ways to make their guests happy. From the toys in the swimming pool area for kids, to everyone's friendly greetings and helpful suggestions, to the wonderful bath products, to the free shoe shines, to the omnipresent "I'll take care of that for you," the focus is clearly on guest satisfaction. But the breakfast buffet costs over $20 (although free for some Hhonors members), as did a Mai-tai at the pool bar (compare that to the St Regis in Kaua'i at $14). I'm not complaining, just observing. The one negative: the layout of the hotel is confusing. The lobby is on the 25th floor, and guest rooms are all below the lobby, but you must ride up to the lobby before you can switch elevators to go down to the street level. I can't tell you how many times I pressed the wrong button when calling for the elevator. Also, you practically need a tour guide to navigate to the pool/health club for the first time: from your floor to the 25th floor to the ground floor, then walk across the street to the elevator that takes you to the 13th floor, where, after a couple of turns, you'll find the pool. One money saving tip: there's a Subway restaurant on the 2nd floor of the building that houses the pool and health club.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a water view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank REEF_Surfer_8
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear REEF_Surfer_8,

Thank you for your excellent review! Your attention to detail is noticed and your appreciation of our excellent guest service is a great source of pride for our hotel!

Please know that you are not alone in your confusion with the layout of the hotel. Generally speaking, it does take some getting used to but, once you arrived at your destination, I hope that it met with your satisfaction.

As you mentioned there are a bit more perks for the HHonors guest but we reward loyalty to our hotel whether you are a HHonors member or not...we appreciate all our returning guests.

With that in mind, I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit. If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed at the Conrad for a business trip. The hotel is conveniently located on Brickell, easy access to many offices if you work in the Financial industry. I would say the experience would be ok on a vacation trip also as the facilities are great and Miami is a town in which you are likely to be driving anyway. Staff is very friendly, from valet parking to the restaurant on the 25th floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Thiago_NJ

Dear Thiago_NJ,

Thank you for your kind review. We are an excellent choice of hotel for the Miami business traveler. We offer luxurious accomodations with practical business solutions including corporate rates, HHonors programs, business center, wifi access and a central location within walking distance to major businesses and firms in the Downtown/Brickell district.

I am very happy you chose the Conrad Miami to handle your business travels. We look forward to your return and if I could be of any assistance in your future travels, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed here twice in the last week. Once before cruise and during tropical storm Isaac and once after. I have to say that on both occassions the hotel staff were great and very helpful. Great location and good facilities. Liked the outdoor pool and wished I could have used the tennis courts.
I will be looking at staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I think any room here will be good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Amanda B,

Thank you for your great review! I am thrilled to know that you stayed with us twice in one week--and you included the excitement of a Tropical Storm on your travels. Thank you for taking the time to make your review.

We look forward to your return visit, albeit, minus the tropical storm. If I could be of any assistance in your future travels, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Everything about this hotel is excellent. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the 30th floor. Wow. Wow. Wow. The view was spectacular. Water on one side and city on the other. We ordered room service several times and the food was great. Every staff member was very friendly and accomodating. The gentleman at concierge went above and beyond to help me. I wish I wrote down his name. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
MartinWormull, General Manager at Conrad Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Fadayomis,

Thank you for your excellent review! I am thrilled that you had such an excellent stay with us and that our in-room dining and concierge services exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.

As always, if I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

My return stay at Conrad Miami last week didn't disappoint. Great downtown location, impeccable service, modern facilities and modishly furnished room. My king-bed room was a bit small for a 5-star hotel but the bathroom was disproportionately big. It also had a partial view over Brickell Bay to the Port and Virginia Key. As a HHonor member I was offered a free glass of wine at the Wine Room every evening - a nice touch for any loyal customer. The Level 25 Bar was also a nice place for hangout.

A few negatives: the swimming pool (which was very nice) and fitness room were located in the garage building opposite the hotel so were somewhat inconvenient for guests to use; valet parking at $38+taxes per day was way too expensive; no free Wifi in room nor in the lobby (I got free Wifi throughout the hotel in all Hilton Garden Inns that I stayed!).

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible and ask for the bay view room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BandBtraveller

Dear BandBtraveller,

Thank you very much for your review. As a returning guest, I am happy to see that we have consistently met your expectations. I am also thrilled that you experienced our complimentary wine & cheese selection offered to our loyal Hilton Honors members. We choose some of the finest wines and cheeses to serve our guests in the Wine Room from 4 - 7pm. It is an elegant way to end the day.

We look forward to your return visit with hopes that we will exceed your expectations! If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.