“SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AND DON'T STAY HERE!”

Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort
Ranked #108 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Lawrence, Massachusetts, United States
“SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AND DON'T STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

When we first arrived at 11pm, all four of us (myself, husband, 2 kids), after almost 2000 miles driving they gave me a paper to sign with 1, YES ONE, queen size bed. I asked about it and the man told me I got the "run of the mill" option. WHAT? After watching a family from a foreign country, with the same dynamics as my family, take that bullcrap answer and accept their keys and go, I lost it. They ended up sending us to another hotel nearby. It was much nicer and we were happy there. We then had to return there 7 days later, after our cruise to more of the same disappointment. They gave us a room with two beds. The room had no blankets ( just filthy bedspreads and sheets) no facial tissues (because they do not offer them I was informed very rudely), only about 5 squares of toilet paper on the roll and no extra in site, two bath towels and one washcloth, and a plastic bag as an ice bucket. There were a few extras that you do not get at other hotels such as the foul odor throughout the hotel including the room, broken A/C, black mold on the bathroom ceiling, hair all over the bathroom, rust on both bathtub and sink drains, broken glass on the floor, hairpins laying around, and rings from the bottom of wet glasses on the furniture. And this is my shortened list! The continental breakfast was in one of their "guest rooms" that had been emptied of furniture. It was so crowded with tables and people ( all 7 of them) and the options were few. The cream cheese was piled real high in a styrofoam bowl which I am positive got put back in the fridge for the following day. Needless to say, we chose not to eat there.

We payed for two nights before our cruise and 2 nights after. The first two nights were spent at a different hotel, after the cruise we paid for the two nights but only stayed for one. I could not imagine spending another hour there let alone another night. We chose to drive all the way back to Massachussets, exhausted, over staying in the slum. This was by far THE WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. The location, the staff, the lack of accommodations and the overall shadiness of the place are four good reasons to avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: There is no good room! Just don't stay here at any cost!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Tenerbener
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed here for Wrestlemania weekend. the place needs an obvious upgrade. Everything is pretty dirty and very outdated.

Pros: close to sun life stadium
Ac worked, hot shower
Guy at front desk was kind

Cons: Bed was broken
3 channels come in
All but one ice machine broken
No microwave or fridge in room

Take a walk across the street to the only gas station sunoco with one guy working behind a gated door selling beer and soda only lol
We walked a half mile down to the next gas station, it was scary haha, terrible run down area .

We flew down with no rental car, there is nothing except a subway within a mile radius of the hotel, my recommendation is pay for a hotel on the beach and save tons on taxi costs. There is literally nothing to do around the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Well, me and my significant other needed a place to stay for a couple of days while looking for an apartment, and I stumbled on this seemingly good deal from expedia. Big mistake! I have never been to such a crappy 'hotel' in my entire life! As soon as I and my boyfriend walked in the lobby, the shady guy hanging around the lobby and chatting up the receptionist (not the security guard) looked at our luggage and asked us surprisingly if we were out of town!! already a bad sign! next, we walked into our room which smelled of a ??dead rat, went to the bathroom, in which all of the toiletries were opened, and toilet paper gone, and walked back out asking for another room. Since we could not get a refund, thanks to expedia, we were told we can walk around and see which room we thought smelled the least and stay in it. We picked one that smelled of mildew and mold, and at close to midnight, and after a 25 hour drive to Miami, we decided to stay at Roma. The room smelled so bad, the sheets were dirty and the comforter had obvious stains and rips. We could not take our clothes off to sleep and slept on top of the comforter. How i wish I had my own sheets! the room had no iron, they brought a broken iron when we asked for an iron, and breakfast was full of what looked like the neighborhood crackheads all lining up for the mini muffins. The pool is dirty, the banisters are cracked, and there were like 2 cars in the parking lot.
In summary, this is not a hotel, but probably what seems like a place where locals go to get rooms by the hour. If you still decide to stay here, bring your own sheets and towels, and bug repellant (for the rooms). If I could give it negative stars, I would.

Room Tip: Tip to get a good room is to not get one at this hotel!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mfabisevich
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel is a hot mess, scam artists. This hotel has no star at all, the employees were rude, no internet in the rooms, no towels, no tissue, no toilet paper, no iron the bed squeks and the bedsheets don't fit. The tv does not have local channels therefore you cannot even know the weather.

When I called for an iron we waited for 1 hour, and from then they were not answering the phone, anyway the iron NEVER CAME. Something need to be done this is terrible. Don't even try to stay here I wish I read the review before I booked through hotel.com. I am so dissappointed.

Room Tip: I cannot advise anybody because I don't know if there are neater rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Minala H
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Bad neighborhood, difficult to find, and if you leave the car unlocked, even with the window closed, you will be stolen. In just one hour this happens to me. They told me the security guy work just to check the cars, and the Hotel are not responsible for thefts. Yes, I was stolen in just one hour, with a security guy working and only 3 cars in the parking lot. Don't recommend to anybody!!!!

Room Tip: If you get this Hotel you're crazy!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Igor A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
5.4 km away
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
11.1 km away
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Hotel Roma Golden Glades Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK