“Perfect for an overnight connection, family of three”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South
Ranked #35 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Perfect for an overnight connection, family of three”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had to overnight in Miami due to a flight re-booking and wanted the best value for money. This hotel is about 15 - 20 minutes away from the airport, offers a free airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast. Three of us stayed in the room for less than $100.

The front desk gave us a great room on the ground floor near the lobby which was really good cause we had so much luggage and a stroller. The room was clean and very comfy, looked just like the photos. We asked for a crib and we got one right away. Breakfast was just good enough to take us on the road to the airport. No issues with the shuttle. I would recommend calling the hotel and requesting the shuttle to make sure so they know you are waiting, especially at night. We didn't use the free WiFi but again, all included in that low price, great value.

I would definitely stay here again if the price is still great.

Room Tip: We liked the easy access of ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your recent visti to the Miami area. We are happy to hear that our staff and room provided a welcoming stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Leila Aviles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel over the memorial day weekend . The outside is scary looking, a lot of construction, although I did not visit the pool it looked only average. I usually stay at drury inns wherever I travel because they are sure to be nice wherever. Had I paid $139 a night for this room like it was listed online I would have felt ripped off. (with a discount and mangers special room was $83/night) The beds literally were the smallest hotel beds I’ve ever seen in my life, the bed closes to the window I could sit on the bed and touch the wall just fine ( my arms aren’t that long, the space is just that small) Beds were very hard ! The paint is a nice addition, the bath room as well was extremely small. So small I had to walk into it all the way and then close the door behind me. The lobby was beautiful, nicely decorated. All in all for a cheap hotel stay ($83 a night) this was only ok. I advise anyone paying more than $83 a night to take their money elsewhere for better quality.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest:

It pains us to learn that your experience did not live up to the standard we strive to deliver at our hotel. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We booked this hotel as it was near the airport. It's a typical SpringHill Suites. The staff person that checked us in was very friendly.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. Please come back soon!

Buenos Aires
Reviewed 27 May 2012

On our way to our cruise I decided to book this hotel. Near the airport it offers free shuttle. I was told to phone as soon as I arrived in Miami, which I did. They answered immediately but they took very long to pick us up as they did not understand where we were waiting. Nevertheless, once they picked us up everything was ok.Staff is very helpful and kind.They gave us a room looking out to a lake. Breakfast is ok and it is included in the price. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SueBuenosAires
Dear Guest:

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We booked this hotel for a night before and after our holidays in the Bahamas. The hotel was built in 2002 and the facilities are in mint condition. We had a double room which was huge with comfy bed, giant Full HD tv and useful tea/coffee/microwave corner. Its a very quiet hotel, located about 10 min by shuttle(free) from the airport. They serve complimentary breakfast (Best Western style with scrambled eggs, toasts, yoghourts etc.) and I believe the parking is also complimentary. There are many food options in the area. You can either take the free shuttle (5 min) to the next food court or order to your room (Papa Johns, Pizza Hut etc).
We have paid 130 USD for a double room which was a fair price for the quality.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Archimedesrules
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed several of the hotel ameneties. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.