1,024 results
All reviews the concierge lounge business hotel business district brickell avenue south beach bathroom mirror corner room restaurants and bars very nice hotel restaurants within walking distance valet parking luxury hotel business trip rooms are large pool area is pre cruise gym
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of days afyer a cruise. Did online check in and requested early check in.
When we arrived the room wasn't ready, bit they gave us lounge access as I'm a gold MR member. We got breakfast and hung out for a while. Then got the call that the room was ready and they said a bellman would be up with our key...nice touch but it took almost 30 minutes and a reminder call to get our keys. I would rather have lugged my bags down to the front desk than to have just sat there waiting for those 30 minutes.

Stayed in 1910 which has 2 double beds, partial water view, and a tub shower combo.

The hotel ran out of refrigerators and if you touch something in mini bar you get charged...but I need to keep certain meds cool. So, after some back and forth they agreed to waive mini bar charges so I could make room for my meds (since it goes by weight every time I took my meds out and then put them back there would be two charges!).

We ordered room service which was awesome since so many properties have switched to Fresh Bites. The food was great! The service was fine just slower than the less than 30 minutes suggested by At Your Service...usually took closer to 45 minutes.

Check out was a disaster.
They had not yet posted the last night stay. Then the manager could not figure put how to pay the Marriott e gift card. Since there was no card to swipe the manager was completely lost.

The lounge staff were great. The pool gym and spa area on 7 were fabulous.

Those little annoyances with service just left us a bit disappointed so can't give them a 5.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ariana M, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Kathryn M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Heavily disappointed.

I arrived here at around 3.20pm and I was told my room wasn't ready which was understandable considering check in start at 4pm. So the reception still checked me in, took my luggage and gave me access to common areas (i.e. 2nd floor where the restaurant is and 7th floor where the pool, gym and spa are). I went to the restaurant and had lunch and drinks.

Around 4.30pm, I went back to the check in desk, there were few people checking in so by the time I was next in line, it was nearly 4.45pm. To my disappointment, my room wasn't ready. Their excuse... housekeeping!!! You would think the reason people have to check out by 12pm is to allow the hotel staff to clean rooms prior to new guests arriving. The check in lady told me to "allow her 5 minutes to check with housekeeping" I decided to take a seat because from her body language I could tell it was going to take a while.

At around 5.05pm, I headed back to the check in desk to ask the status of my room, at this point there were probably close to 10 or so people standing in the lobby waiting for their rooms to be ready. The lady was "allow me 5 minutes to check with housekeeping"...again!!!!! At this point I was.beyond frustrated.

At around 5.15pm, they finally got a go ahead from housekeeping that my room was ready. The lady gave me my key and told me to proceed to my room and they will bring my luggage to my room. It's the least they could do, right?!! WRONG!!!

At 5.40pm there was still no sign of my luggage so I headed downstairs and I asked for it. The receptionist didn't know who I gave my luggage to so she asked me if I remember the guy.....I wondered how many people do this at their hotel because from my observation when I was waiting for my room, there were only 2 guys so it cant be that hard to track it down. So I go ahead and describe the guy, then she asked another guy to go look for my luggage. The guy then asked me to describe it even tho I had given the check in lady my luggage tag!!! After waiting for about 5 minutes, they finally tracked it down.

Long story short...it was a check in horror, it took extremely long for housekeeping to clean the rooms (probably they are heavily understaffed) and even the luggage storage was a nightmare, I wonder who they would blame for this.

The service is completely 2 star level for this hotel, you would think the amount of $$$ you pay to stay here they would make an effort to manage things properly. Personally this is below a 3 star hotel. I booked thru Priceline and for that they charge $12 a day for wifi. Apparebtly their policy is, unless you book thru their website, you have to pay for wifi even tho my room was still over $250 a night. Again, heavily disappointed because even airports and Starbucks have free wifi!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Amanda G
Ariana M, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit. Unfortunately we have fallen short of expectations and look forward to an opportunity to change your perception. Please contact me directly so we may discuss your visit in more details.

Regards,

Executive Assistant

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I stay often with Marriott all over the world. Don’t waste your time on this one. It’s a dump and the service is bad.

So my wife and I stayed here in January as part of her birthday trip. We had a brand new Cadillac which we left with the valet. When we were given the car back the following day, the brand new car had a 9 inch scratch on it. The scratch was so fresh there was paint residue pieces from the scratch. They wrote up a report and the staff were very apologetic and said they would take care of things and apply a large credit in Marriott points. They never did. A few follow up calls later and the General Manager has totally blown this off.
I asked for the regional manager contact and of course no one “knew” who that would be. What a joke.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roberthetraveler
Ariana M, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Robertthetraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future. Please contact me at the property.

I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the JW Marriott Miami.

Executive Assistant.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

As many other reviewers have stated, the staff are all very nice , but the hotel is tired, worn and inefficient . We arrived at 4pm with a reservation . The room was not ready. After an hour sitting in the lobby, they gave us a key card to the pool area so the kids could swim and not be bored in the lobby.
Finally, at 5:30pm we received our room keys(2). Three of our party had to leave prior to this because they had tickets to a game. They changed in the lobby bathroom .
The rooms were adequate, but not enough towels for one room, none appeared when requested, so we took two from the pool to the room.
I love Marriott -just not this one.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank golf2gulf
Ariana M, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear golf2gulf,

Please contact me directly at the property so we may discuss your visit in more details.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When I arrived on 3 Apr I was greeted by a valet driver. Unfortunately, I didn’t catch his name but every time I checked my car out he remembered mine! (First name) upon checking in I was assisted by Karla who followed up the great customer service! She went over the amenities along with things to do in the local area. She was very professional and had great dress and appearance. My second night at the hotel I got to meet Nicole, Danay, and Rohan. This trio of front desk agents went through great lengths to ensure that my stay was amazing. Rohan recommended various locations in the area to eat and visit. He was very professional and I saw him keep his composure with an unhappy guest which was amazing. Danay had a very outgoing helpful personality with a side of professional “sass” haha. Overall, I would be coming back based off of my experience and would recommend this hotel to others. Also, remember this hotel is located in the heart of the financial district so it will be expensive! As long as you’re prepared to spend $$ this place shouldn’t be an issue! I’ll be back :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business