“Very convenient to airport”

Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed there on 2 occassions in late March and early April on my way to and from Managua in Nicaragua.

The shuttle bus from the Miami airport was very convenient - but make sure you get on the Best Western Premier bus as there is more than 1 Best Western at or near the airport. I got on the wrong one on the first visit!

The hotel is very clean and the rooms a good size and clean. Breakfast was very good but i wouldn't have any other meals there.

I was sick on my second visit and the reception staff were very good in finding me a doctor who was close to the hotel. A short 6 minute cab ride and I was seen very quickly by a doctor. Thank you for all your help.

Overall, my impression was a very good and convenient hotel - not the closest to the airport, but good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

From entry to exit, my stay at best western premier mia was truly amazing! Upon check-in staff welcomed me with a smile and always provided exceptional service when called upon. Luis and Zahina were amazing, perfect treatment. Saturday morning we took breakfast and Mario was a really professional, nice young man. But my last day, Monday, was a disaster, maybe I shouldn´t but I Just wanted to let you know about a horrible experience that I had. I saw the maintenance guy, Jarvi, kissing a maid on the fifth floor, was nothing professional and disgusting . This kind of things shouldn’t happen, Maybe they were a couple married, I don’t know, could be, but it was not a normal kiss, is rude, offensive and shocking this. This is the only bad thing that I can tell about best western premier mia.
I had two two-bedroom suites and they both looked exactly like the picture. Very quiet rooms never heard a noise at night, reasonably priced, clean, wonderful pool, and the bed was like sleeping at home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We arrived quite a bit later than expected (after midnight) but I had phoned the hotel a few days prior to make sure this wouldn't be a problem. I was told that we had pre-paid for the room so it was ours. We arrived at 2:30am (due to our plane being delayed). When I went to check in the person at the front desk could not find my reservation. She asked me a couple of times if it could be under another name (she was referring to someone else who had checked in earlier with the same last name)...I said no, that is not my name. She then proceeded to phone this person's room (remember it is 2:30am) to ask them I'm not sure what because as soon as she got them on the line she said there had been a mixup with the reservation but that she would take care of it. I am not sure why she called them up. I asked if this was going to be a problem and she said no...we will give you another room. By this point, I'm exhausted and thrilled to just go to bed. Our room was clean and quite comfortable. There were no additional issues and we checked out exactly 7 hours after checking in! We had a cruise to catch and this was just a place to lay our head.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I spent one night here at the end of March 2012, in transit from Belize to a cruise from the Port of Miami. I've just read the other reviews, and have to say I did not have any problem with the hotel itself or the staff there. The shuttle was slow from the airport, but I had just missed the pick-up, and an hour round trip does sound about right. The room I had on the top floor was quite nice I thought, and everything was where you would expect it (coffee by the coffee maker, etc). The a/c didn't want to work initially, but they sent someone up in short order and it turned out that a breaker on the a/c unit had tripped - a quick flip and all was in working order.

The front desk arranged for shuttle transport to the Port for the next morning ($10 fare - quite reasonable I thought), and I had the buffet breakfast at the restaurant the next morning. I thought it was well presented, tasty, and worth the price I paid. Speaking of price, I thought the rate for overnight accomodation was quite expensive, but if you look at other hotels in the area the rate is generally high in the airport/port district.

For some last minute items, there is a local supermarket a block away from the hotel, and a CVS Pharmacy at Flagler and 37th. Within a few blocks of the hotel are a Pizza Hut, Burger King, Subway and IHOP, as well as quite a few local restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank islandiver7
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stay there on an over night stop over. Room was big and clean. Bed was comfortable. There is a mircowave and fridget in the room. It was exactly what i expected and value for money. A lot better than some of the best westerns in uk.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business