“A Disabled Veteran's Experience”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #62 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Fulton, New York
“A Disabled Veteran's Experience”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I had the surprisingly excellent experience of staying at this facility from June 4th through June 8th, 2012. EVERY accommodation was offered me during my stay. The room was spotless, airy and well planned. The internet was fast and television was good. The entire staff, from shuttle drivers to the front desk were great. I teased the manager on duty, Deb Saccavino, asking her if there was an employment requirement to be absolutely gorgeous to work the front desk. Anyway, the only suggestion I had was, that for those of us staying for an extended stay, the menu was just adequate. The menu for lunch and dinner was identical. She explained they tried to have daily specials, but I suggested that many patients have limited restrictive diets and that they might review the needs presented by their clients, as a whole, in order to offer healthier, low calorie, low sugar alternatives. As a retired physician, I strongly suggest having, "Stevia" as the best sugar substitute. All others raise concerns about carcinogenic dangers.
In conclusion, I definitely feel my hospital experience and recovery was positively influenced by the efforts of the hotel staff.
I will be back in July.
Dr. S.B.

Room Tip: I was in 412. It was excellent.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen B
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with our team members regarding your experience as well as your comments regarding healthier dining selections. Thank you for staying with us.

Best Regards
David Huntzinger
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2012

hotel was extremely clean and a good value. bit of a sketchy neighborhood ($15 to park in the gated garage under hotel: don't hesitate, do it). very close to Marlins park (we could see it from our room). a decent bar around the corner with super friendly staff, decent food and great drink prices. We caught the free Trolley just next to the bar to go to the game and after as well.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for sharing your comments. On behalf of myself and the hotel staff; we hope to see you the next time you are in town for a game at Marlins Stadium.

Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here a few nights on business, and it worked out well. My room was spacious, with a nice desk for me to get work done. It also had a separate little sitting area, and the desk served as a sort of divider between the bedroom area and the sitting area. I had a view looking toward downtown Miami, which was pretty. The hotel was also 1 block away from my training, which was incredibly convenient for me. If you're looking to go to the beach or downtown though, you're not that close and will need a taxi. Overall, I was pleased with my stay, and I would book there again if I ever do business in that area again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center and for sharing your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great location for attending games at Marlins Park. You can walk (about 20 minutes or so) but don't think about it after dark. You must go under a expressway that is a hangout for homeless etc. Never saw the trolley stop by here. We used a taxi to and from. The fiar was between 8-10 dollars based on traffic and lights. Garage is gated and you do pay a nightly fee to park in ti but worth it considering the neighborhood. No restaurants around the hotel itself. We asked where to eat and the suggestion was to eat at the ballpark. Staff was nice to us and normal SHS rooms with sitting area, desk, free interent. WC is separate from shower. We had a great weekend and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trygve A
Thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are one of the closest hotels to Marlins Stadium and are now currently on the Miami Trolley stop to the Medical Center/Marlins Stadium loop with a trolley stop now located outside our hotel. We look forward to your return visit.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms, good breakfast, secure parking and within walking and trolley distance of the baseball field. It's a bit hard to find in the medical center area but once you find it you are fine. Not a fantastic neighborhood but we did not feel uncomfortable walking in the evening. Looking forward to coming back to the hotel and ballpark next year.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments about the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical center. We are one of the closest hotels to the new Miami Marlins stadium. I was delighted to read your comments and look forward to your return visit.