“Nice Stay !”

Ranked #64 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Miami
“Nice Stay !”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very good and clean amenities. Excellent customer service. Would stay again !!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to the area.

Regards,
Laura
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed 1 night in Miami before our cruise. The location of the hotel was off the main area and near the tolls, therefore when you rent the car, you will have to pay for the toll to avoid getting a ticket. The hotel was new and nice looking, interior of the room was pretty large, we were happy with the room.

Unfortunately, front desk service was terrible, in fact there was no service to speak off. We came in on an red eye flight and arrived early and requested for an early check-in around noon. We arrived after 12 noon and we were informed no room available! This hotel had how many rooms...and no guest did early check out at all!?? We asked how long a wait for the next available room, they told us they don't know. So we waited at the lobby, no communication or service at all, i.e at least communicate to your guest and give them an approximate waiting time on how long the wait was going to be, or check on us and see how we are doing (by this time, we were tired beyond anything) or offer us some water while we waited. None of that, meanwhile, all conversation was carried out in Spanish, they were joined by other staff who were hanging around chatting away, spoke on the phone ordering lunch. They made us wait till 1pm before they gave us the room. To think that we were long time Marriotts members and hoping that we will benefit from a early check in, no such luck. Awful customer service, at least the housekeeper were very helpful. Thank god it was only for 1 night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here for the weekend and the hotel was beautiful! The rooms and bathrooms were spacious and gorgeous. However, all the employees are rude and they talk about u in Spanish. They thought I didn't understand them but I'm half Mexican and know Spanish fluently. Every time u call guest services and ask for something, they either don't bring it or bring it the next day. The receptionist stopped me on my way to my room and stated that they received complaints from other guests saying we were to loud. I know this was false because we hadn't been in our room ALL day! They wanted pick on us because we didn't 'look' like we belong. While checking out, the receptionist charged my card wrong and it took them a whole week to correct it. The hotel was beautiful but they need a whole new staff. I will NEVER stay here after being treated so poorly

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Zayden_B
trinidad
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and althought the hotel looked spotless there were some minor hiccups and one major one for me that will make me not go back. Upon entering the hotel there was noone to greet us so we walked straight up to the counter where the attendant never even bothered to look up and greet us. I said Hi and at the same time the phone rang and she said excuse me and took the call. I work in customer service and I know this is a major NO-NO.
Anyway we were given our room keys and headed up to our room in an elevator that sounded like it veryyy old when compared to the rest of the hotel. The room itself was very cosy but rather small. It was suitable for my husband and I but I can see that some people would say it was too small.
The car park had ample spaces and the hotel itself is located in an isolated area. I saw a subway about 5 mins walk away but most other eating places were at least 5-10 minutes away. One night when we got back there was a stench that made you run into the hotel as fast as you can as it was so putrid.
We had a breakfast inclusive rate and had breakfast for all three days - this is the reason why I said something major happened for me to not want to go back. Every morning that we went there were dirty tables. The menu ranges with not much options for vegetarians so one day we ordered the BLT egg sandwich without the bacon and halfway through it we found pieces of bacon - needless to say my husband ran to the bathroom to vomit as this goes against our religion. For this reason we will not go back as we were not even apologised to, instead we were asked if we wanted another one made.
Also if you are going ask for a room away from the road as you can hear traffic passing and we were on the 5th floor. Pool and Gym was also small but available.
The hotel itself was okay but I had a bad experience and this is why I am saying I will not go back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fareesha
Guatemala
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Talking about value for your money! I was looking for a convenient not expensive hotel in the Miami area (not near the beaches or downtown) and I booked this Courtyard. I was not dissapointed. The facility looks new, the service is simple and convenient. Do not come here if you dont have a car. The rooms are not big but enough for a convenient stay. Excellent choice if you are traveling on a budget.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank EdgarSGuatemala
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
We realize there are several hotel choices in Miami and we thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,