“Very very nice restaurant with great Italien food”
Review of Il Gabbiano

Il Gabbiano
Ranked #85 of 4,560 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 16 February 2018

First of all, the quality of the food at Il Gabbiano was fantatic, we had dinner AND Lunch there - and we tried ( amongst 4 people ) a total of 24 dishes - and from the Rack of Lamb to the Fettuccine Bolognese - it was all very exclusive and very tasty. The service is TOP CLASS - always a waiter close by but never too close. and of course the best Tiramisu, I have had for a long time, I will be back. Nothing to complane about ? Yes, there is a very hight noise level in the restaurant. SO try to get a table outside.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Reserved a table for an early pre-show dinner. It was a little tricky to find, but so worth it! Positioned right on the water with lovely views. Large, very comfortable outside seating area. Waiters immediately served a bruschetta with wonderful Parmesan. The wait staff was attentive, very knowledgeable and efficient. It is an elegant restaurant but with a bit of the “hustle-bustle” you expect at an authentic Italian restaurant. Both our appetizers and entrees were excellent. Lots of interesting specials as well as a full menu. Plenty of choices for everyone. Service was excellent!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Il Gabbiano is one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. I love sitting outside and watching the boats on Biscayne Bay. The ambiance on the patio is always so nice. It is also breezy and comfortable even on hot days. The waiters are always pleasant and attentive. The food is so yummy, especially the artichoke hearts in lemon sauce, porcini ravioli and the langostino fra diavolo (not on the menu but they always accommodate).
Order an Aperol spritz and enjoy a lovely evening.

1  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Big table, great service though!
Lots of delicious bread and fried zuchini while waiting for food.
My favorite were the truffle ravioli, a little too much, but they were delicious, everybody elses pasta was great too and we lijd it very much’
Very high scale, great Italian place!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We waited an hour an half having a reservation, i made a notation when i made my reservation thru OpenTable it was my husband bday. Figured, to double check, so i call the restaurant in the morning of his birthday, to once again make sure we made the celebration special. Hostess told me, not to worry, they'll take care of it. Wanting to make sure all went 'as planned" when we arrived, i pulled the hostess aside and reminded her of my husband birthday. Again, NO WORRIES will take care of it, and well celebrate when your desserts are brought out.. OK so with all this planning, you'd think all would be taken care of... NOTHING, when i asked waiter what happened. He could only come up with "SORRY I DID NOT KNOW" the manager didn't even seem to care.

2  Thank Anamarygil

Been to Il Gabbiano? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK