“Nice getaway”
Review of El Governor Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
El Governor Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My family and I stayed in Mexico Beach for one night for a quick get away. We stayed in the annex building of the El Governor the hotel was average. The sandy beach and the wonderful atmosphere was to die for. They have a Tiki bar with great drinks at really good prices. A gift shop and a pool.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Blpthomas
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

The location on the beach was lovely, and so was the balcony, but we were not not at all impressed with the hotel itself. In our room we missed the following items: toaster, tissues, large spoons, other cutlery, dish detergent (which we got after asking for it). Everything looked run-down and in bad need of an overhaul.
There was a safe in the room, which was out or order. We learnt that apparently none of the safes in the hotels was working. When I asked for a safe in the registration office, my little bag was stuffed into a box, in which other items were lying. I had to insist that I wanted my bag wrapped and cello-taped with my room number and name on it, a request that was finally complied with.
If you are NOT fond of bar music until 11 pm, you should insist on getting a number considerably higher than ...7. We were in a ...7 room and had to bear the noise till after 11 all of the three nights we were there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank EH66
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We love Mexico Beach. Nice to get away from the crowds. El Governor is a older motel and a little bit outdated, but it is a decent place to stay. The front desk employees are very friendly and helpful. We have never stayed any where else because there isn't a lot of motels choices in Mexico Beach. Prices are reasonably. If you plan on staying for a week, I would check into renting a house on the beach. The El Governor is a good place to stay just for a few nights.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We head to this little get away about twice a year. Nice place for us older folks. Can spend time on the beach without a lot of the younger crowd, doing their noisy....look at me stuff. Nice to stay in a double room with the kitchen. We always stop along the way for fresh seafood to cook in the room and then set out on the balocny and enjoy.

Room Tip: If you choose a double you have a kitchen and can cook, be sure to bring plenty of food, so you neve...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cowboycapital
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The front desk here is really good. Friendly & professional, they are the reason that this motel "works". But stay in the Newer---single story-- units that are on the far side of the pool. The multi-story motel itself is dated and a bit "tired". I stayed in the Motel section and the room smelled like moth-balls.....I left the balcony door open while I went to dinner and that took care of that....but still, who needs that...
The bed was fine...The bathroom was fine....The room was fine....ALL Average. The whole stair-well & elevator area is not fine: It needs a fresh "vibrant" paint job. The owners need to update the lobby too~~~It's more Jersey shore 1970, than "Gulf of Mexico, Panhandle" 2012. the only reason to stay here is the view of the Gulf. It Is Fantastic! But, plenty of places offer that......Next time I'm staying at Port St. Joe.

Room Tip: Stay in the annex; East of the pool....
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
35.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City
#2 of 31 in Panama City

Been to El Governor Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK