US$ 214
Sea View Inn(Melbourne Beach)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$ 213
Orbitz.com
All reviewscookiessunrise roomyellow roomturn down serviceacross the streetbed and breakfastspa poolthe main housecreole roomattention to detailcarriage housemy husband and imangrove suiteselect registryfrench toastwedding anniversarysoft music playing
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The location is perfect! The property is beautiful and the room very cozy. The staff is very gracious and accommodating. We felt very special and like we were the only people in the B&B. Anything we needed they were ready to make it happen. We stayed in the Ella Belle room. Wonderful room! Having coffee on the balcony while listening/watching the ocean, during Sunrise! Life is Spectacularly Good!! Oh, the 24 hour cookies downstairs & brownies on your bed for turn down service! OMG:)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jendohair
Portdhver, General Manager at Port d'Hiver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your stay in Ella Belle's Room. That room has such wonderful character and the ocean views are amazing - I'm so happy you loved the location, property, cookies, and our excellent service. We hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary at Port d'Hiver. I read numerous reviews prior to our stay and I can also say that whatever rave reviews you read, the actual experience is even greater. The rooms and pristine and clean. The bed was as comfortable as our own at home- it is like sleeping on a cloud. The staff are so friendly and helpful not even the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons staff can compete. We enjoyed the evening happy hour (which it truly is) and had the breakfast special each day. What is also very charming is that all the guests are friendly and it was great chatting with them during breakfast and happy hour. My review does not adequately express the quality of the experience at this wonderful place. By they way - the oatmeal raisin and nut cookies that are available 24 hours a day are fantastic. Stay, enjoy and relax.

PS. We are going to try the Carriage House suite on our next visit.

Room Tip: Try the Walter Suite -spacious with small bathroom with sides jets and a rain type shower head. It has a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen S

Happy Anniversary, again! Thank you for taking a few moments to tell us and others of your fantastic time. Although you say your review doesn't describe it well enough, it sounds nearly perfect to me. We couldn't be happier to provide a relaxing and romantic getaway for the two of you. We will keep the lights on in the Carriage House for your next arrival ;). Thanks again!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I wanted to show my wife how much she means to me, and booked the Windward Suite for a weekend. I was a bit nervous, actually really nervous as sometimes the websites are not always accurate. Well, I can honesty say, Port D'Hiver exceeded my expectations and more... First, the staff is absolutely wonderful, they strive on making your stay the best ever no matter what and they certainly did.. The room was decorated in way that fills you with such peace and tranquility, truly amazing. I can write a book, but words just don't really tell our experience.. All I can tell everyone is, that after 26 years of marriage, Port D'Hiver and the staff made my wife and I fall in love all over again...Thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

3  Thank rcorderom1a1
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've been to Port D'Hiver four times, and each visit was filled with perfect experiences. The staff is outstanding. The accommodations are outstanding. The food is outstanding. Since I am on a gluten-free diet, my choices are usually limited, but not at Port D'Hiver! Every meal was specially prepared to meet my dietary needs. Incredibly delicious selections. This is a B&B that everyone should experience. Not only is the B&B excellent, but every single staff member works hard to make sure that guests know all of the excellent local options for food and fun! Already planning next visit!

Room Tip: We love the Carriage House, Sunrise Room, and Mangrove Suite. The Carriage House is our favorite, so private and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We cannot be more thrilled that we've continue our high level of standards and expectations after each of your visits, including this one! We love being able to get to know our friendly guests on a more personal level and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you both! So happy to ear your will be back again soon, can't wait! Thanks for the continued positive words!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Recently, I was surprised by my husband with a weekend escape, and he had found Port D'Hiver. From start to finish, the stay could not have been better. From the warm reception we got from the owner and staff upon check-in to our friendly farewell when we (sadly) checked out two days later, everything was top flight.

We stayed in the Carriage House, an accommodation of more than ample proportion. The attention to detail on behalf of guests is unbeatable! I mention only one thing that was not perfect...the bed pillows are generous in size, but quite soft, and we could not come up with a comfortable way to prop up in bed to read or to watch a movie...perhaps there could be some sort of backrest pillow/lounger pillow to help.

All other aspects of the room were wonderful -- charming decor; we loved the airy high and angled ceilings as well as the (Southern) traditional light blue paint. While we did not watch any television (nor get online much at all), we did enjoy access to the vast selection of movies available on DVD in the main house. The bathroom was also very spacious, amply stocked with plush towels and fragrant bath/shower accessories.

Then there were the breakfasts --- sinfully delicious!! We also greatly appreciated the proprietor's help in making reservations for dinner at two different restaurants for us during our stay.

Proximity to the beach is great. Speaking of proximity -- I would have thought we'd be aware of traffic noise due to the location on a sharp corner of A1A, but the windows must be double or tripled glazed, for we were not disturbed once by any street noise.

We look forward to another weekend escape at Port D'Hiver, and thank everyone there who worked to create a friendly and relaxing environment.

Room Tip: We loved the Carriage House.