“Outstanding Bed & Breakfast and truly an experience worth having!”
Review of Port d'Hiver

Port d'Hiver
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary at Port d'Hiver. I read numerous reviews prior to our stay and I can also say that whatever rave reviews you read, the actual experience is even greater. The rooms and pristine and clean. The bed was as comfortable as our own at home- it is like sleeping on a cloud. The staff are so friendly and helpful not even the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons staff can compete. We enjoyed the evening happy hour (which it truly is) and had the breakfast special each day. What is also very charming is that all the guests are friendly and it was great chatting with them during breakfast and happy hour. My review does not adequately express the quality of the experience at this wonderful place. By they way - the oatmeal raisin and nut cookies that are available 24 hours a day are fantastic. Stay, enjoy and relax.

PS. We are going to try the Carriage House suite on our next visit.

Room Tip: Try the Walter Suite -spacious with small bathroom with sides jets and a rain type shower head. It...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Port d'Hiver

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I wanted to show my wife how much she means to me, and booked the Windward Suite for a weekend. I was a bit nervous, actually really nervous as sometimes the websites are not always accurate. Well, I can honesty say, Port D'Hiver exceeded my expectations and more... First, the staff is absolutely wonderful, they strive on making your stay the best ever no matter what and they certainly did.. The room was decorated in way that fills you with such peace and tranquility, truly amazing. I can write a book, but words just don't really tell our experience.. All I can tell everyone is, that after 26 years of marriage, Port D'Hiver and the staff made my wife and I fall in love all over again...Thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

2  Thank rcorderom1a1
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've been to Port D'Hiver four times, and each visit was filled with perfect experiences. The staff is outstanding. The accommodations are outstanding. The food is outstanding. Since I am on a gluten-free diet, my choices are usually limited, but not at Port D'Hiver! Every meal was specially prepared to meet my dietary needs. Incredibly delicious selections. This is a B&B that everyone should experience. Not only is the B&B excellent, but every single staff member works hard to make sure that guests know all of the excellent local options for food and fun! Already planning next visit!

Room Tip: We love the Carriage House, Sunrise Room, and Mangrove Suite. The Carriage House is our favorite, so...
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Recently, I was surprised by my husband with a weekend escape, and he had found Port D'Hiver. From start to finish, the stay could not have been better. From the warm reception we got from the owner and staff upon check-in to our friendly farewell when we (sadly) checked out two days later, everything was top flight.

We stayed in the Carriage House, an accommodation of more than ample proportion. The attention to detail on behalf of guests is unbeatable! I mention only one thing that was not perfect...the bed pillows are generous in size, but quite soft, and we could not come up with a comfortable way to prop up in bed to read or to watch a movie...perhaps there could be some sort of backrest pillow/lounger pillow to help.

All other aspects of the room were wonderful -- charming decor; we loved the airy high and angled ceilings as well as the (Southern) traditional light blue paint. While we did not watch any television (nor get online much at all), we did enjoy access to the vast selection of movies available on DVD in the main house. The bathroom was also very spacious, amply stocked with plush towels and fragrant bath/shower accessories.

Then there were the breakfasts --- sinfully delicious!! We also greatly appreciated the proprietor's help in making reservations for dinner at two different restaurants for us during our stay.

Proximity to the beach is great. Speaking of proximity -- I would have thought we'd be aware of traffic noise due to the location on a sharp corner of A1A, but the windows must be double or tripled glazed, for we were not disturbed once by any street noise.

We look forward to another weekend escape at Port D'Hiver, and thank everyone there who worked to create a friendly and relaxing environment.

Room Tip: We loved the Carriage House.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

All I can say is the place was excellent! It was so comfortable, peaceful and clean we had a wonderful time. The people were so accomodating, Kay was abpve and beyond sweet - helpful, professional, always with a smile and soooo informative - a great help with restaurant recommendations etc. as was Erica too. Daisy, what a blessing - she was unbelievable - sooo on top of everything - I can't express enough - a very devoted hard working young lady! She was just incredible and sweet and just a joy to meet and boy did she make our stay wonderful - she is a real gem! It is amazing she always has a smile is so friendly I cant express! Stephanie was also very helpful, sweet and a joy. We very much enjoyed our stay and look forward to going back real soon - the conveniences of beach supplies and snacks were perfect as was the beautiful room, perfectly maintained! The breakfast was delicious and cookies - beyond words!!! The building is just beautiful and each room is special. Being right across from the beach is very convenient as well. Thank you all for a perfect stay!!

Room Tip: Havana Room was great and had private balcony
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
30.5 km away
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Port d'Hiver? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK