“Port D'Hiver A Perfect B&B Experience”
Review of Port d'Hiver

Port d'Hiver
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've been to Port D'Hiver four times, and each visit was filled with perfect experiences. The staff is outstanding. The accommodations are outstanding. The food is outstanding. Since I am on a gluten-free diet, my choices are usually limited, but not at Port D'Hiver! Every meal was specially prepared to meet my dietary needs. Incredibly delicious selections. This is a B&B that everyone should experience. Not only is the B&B excellent, but every single staff member works hard to make sure that guests know all of the excellent local options for food and fun! Already planning next visit!

Room Tip: We love the Carriage House, Sunrise Room, and Mangrove Suite. The Carriage House is our favorite, so...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Port d'Hiver

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Recently, I was surprised by my husband with a weekend escape, and he had found Port D'Hiver. From start to finish, the stay could not have been better. From the warm reception we got from the owner and staff upon check-in to our friendly farewell when we (sadly) checked out two days later, everything was top flight.

We stayed in the Carriage House, an accommodation of more than ample proportion. The attention to detail on behalf of guests is unbeatable! I mention only one thing that was not perfect...the bed pillows are generous in size, but quite soft, and we could not come up with a comfortable way to prop up in bed to read or to watch a movie...perhaps there could be some sort of backrest pillow/lounger pillow to help.

All other aspects of the room were wonderful -- charming decor; we loved the airy high and angled ceilings as well as the (Southern) traditional light blue paint. While we did not watch any television (nor get online much at all), we did enjoy access to the vast selection of movies available on DVD in the main house. The bathroom was also very spacious, amply stocked with plush towels and fragrant bath/shower accessories.

Then there were the breakfasts --- sinfully delicious!! We also greatly appreciated the proprietor's help in making reservations for dinner at two different restaurants for us during our stay.

Proximity to the beach is great. Speaking of proximity -- I would have thought we'd be aware of traffic noise due to the location on a sharp corner of A1A, but the windows must be double or tripled glazed, for we were not disturbed once by any street noise.

We look forward to another weekend escape at Port D'Hiver, and thank everyone there who worked to create a friendly and relaxing environment.

Room Tip: We loved the Carriage House.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

All I can say is the place was excellent! It was so comfortable, peaceful and clean we had a wonderful time. The people were so accomodating, Kay was abpve and beyond sweet - helpful, professional, always with a smile and soooo informative - a great help with restaurant recommendations etc. as was Erica too. Daisy, what a blessing - she was unbelievable - sooo on top of everything - I can't express enough - a very devoted hard working young lady! She was just incredible and sweet and just a joy to meet and boy did she make our stay wonderful - she is a real gem! It is amazing she always has a smile is so friendly I cant express! Stephanie was also very helpful, sweet and a joy. We very much enjoyed our stay and look forward to going back real soon - the conveniences of beach supplies and snacks were perfect as was the beautiful room, perfectly maintained! The breakfast was delicious and cookies - beyond words!!! The building is just beautiful and each room is special. Being right across from the beach is very convenient as well. Thank you all for a perfect stay!!

Room Tip: Havana Room was great and had private balcony
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

If you never get tired of hearing, "Absolutely, we can do that," then Port d'Hiver is the vacation spot you want!

We stayed 4 beautiful nights, and each and every staff member went above and beyond in providing excellent service and making us feel welcome and at home. When we arrived, Linda greeted us warmly and gave us the tour. The property is beautiful-- well kept, clean, manicured, lovely. We stayed in the Elle Belle room and it was beautiful with its wrap around porch overlooking the water. Cocktail hour provides beer, red wine, white wine and two choices of hors d'oevres that were wonderful. The choices changed every night and all were fantastic! The breakfast is plentiful and delicious. There was one morning that I wasn't in the mood for either option and just wanted some eggs with tomatoes- no problem. They were happy to provide that. Little touches throughout the property are noticeable- they never brought out the bottle or package to the table, but instead put everything in a beautiful saucer or cup. Fresh flowers are everywhere, including on the breakfast tables each morning.

The turn down service is so lovely-- they dim your lights, set the music low and inviting and leave a special treat on your bed. We ended up moving rooms because we found the Elle Belle room a little too small for our 4-night stay. We ended up at the Mangrove Suite which is a WOWZA! Gorgeous sitting area, 4-poster bed, beautiful bathroom, luxurious robes in the closet, refrigerator, coffee maker, 3 TV's!! Very special.

There is a snack closet- who doesn't like a closet filled with snacks? Beach/pool towels, umbrellas and beach chairs. There is a room full of books if you finish yours, DVD's, games and a printer should you need it.

Let me get back to the service, because it was so exceptional, it needs its own paragraph. At every turn, everyone provided the best possible service possible. No question was unanswered, no request, unsatisfied. Even when I wasn't really asking for service, it was provided for us. One night it was raining so we ordered pizza to be delivered. The next day we had some left over, so I brought it to the kitchen to see if someone could just put it in the microwave for me for 15 seconds. The wonderful woman (I am so sorry I forgot your name- I am terrible with names!) said, "Let me take care of that for you and I'll bring it back to your room." 15 minutes later, she arrives with a linen-clad tray, with my pizza (heated in an oven). She provided silverware, a cup of red pepper flakes and a cup of fresh parmesan. Didn't ask for all of that- she just knew that would be perfect. I do remember Daisy's name and she was a delight in the morning, always serving breakfast with a smile, eager to start our day off great.

This was an anniversary trip to celebrate 22 years and Port d'Hiver did not disappoint! Thank you for making this celebration special-- we appreciated you all very much!

Jessica & Lou

Room Tip: Elle Belle is beautiful, but small. You have to decide if the view is worth the space limitations...
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My boyfriend Johnny and I wanted a getaway and we thought a bed and breakfast would do the trick. We were blown away by the hospitality and quality of this enchanting little gem. We are going to make this an annual getaway, at minimum. The food was amazing and our room, "The Creole Room" was spectacular.
The cookies in the dining room are addictive! I can't rave enough!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne Beach
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
30.5 km away
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Port d'Hiver? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK