We stayed at the Double Tree Suites for 4 nights & 5 days in April 2012. The hotel was easy to find because it has a huge tree with a capital letter D behind it high up on the side of the building. They have the same logo on both sides so you can easily spot it from either direction. All rooms are ocean front. We were put in room 714 after we said we would not be using the internet. The service must not be good on the upper floors. We chose this hotel because we needed a separate bedroom. This hotel has a bedroom with a door that closes. The best part is that it's a pocket door so you can't even tell that it's a door at all. At first glance I was alarmed that they had made a mistake but upon futher inspection I found the pocket door. We also used the sleeper sofa all four nights which was super comfortable & felt just like a bed. I had my doubts & even brought an air mattress just in case but we never got it out of the car. The entire hotel has been completely renovated & updated. It was fantastic. We got a non refundable internet rate of $179/night for what was essentially a two bedroom unit. It was the least expensive unit we could find & I looked at 10-12 different properties. The check in staff was very nice & gave us a warm chocolate chip cookie on arrival... delicious! Our room was super clean & ready to go when we arrived. There were two elevators that serviced the side of the building we were on & we never had trouble getting an elevator when we needed one. We entered our unit into the living room. It had a large window with plantation shutters that looked out over the city. By the window was a small table that had drop leafs on both sides & could be opened up to easily accomodate 4 people. It had two nice wood chairs with cushions. There was a sofa that opened into a bed, a coffee table, a side chair and an end table. Then on one wall was a shelving unit that held the microwave, coffee maker, small fridge, nice drawers for storage (our large cooler fit easily inside) and the large flat screen TV. There were 3 lamps in the living room that provided plenty of light. Moving through the unit there was a wide 'hallway' that had a door to the bathroom on the left with a big tiled stand up shower with sliding glass doors & the toilet. On the right side of the 'hallway' was a large vanity area with a big wall mirror, great lighting, a sink & shelving for the towels & all your toiletries. It had a granite counter top. It was nice because one person could brush their teeth, put on make up, etc while someone else was in the shower. The bedroom was beautiful with a big king bed, plush mattress & nice linens. There were two side tables both with lamps that turned off & on with the push of a button. There was a closet and a huge dresser and a full length mirror. The sliding door to the balcony covered nearly the whole wall. The balcony was not very deep but had two chairs & we could easily sit out & enjoy the view. The chairs were a very heavy plastic - not flimsy at all. They had a sheer drape and a blackout drape over the sliding door. One interesting feature was that when you had the sliding door open, the AC temporarily shut off after about 5 minutes until you close the door. The walls were pretty yellow with blue & yellow drapes & the artwork was very attractive.
Our only issue was in the restocking of the room. We had coffee in the room the 1st morning & that afternoon it had not been restocked. We also used the ice bucket one evening & the next day it was still sitting full of water. There was also a washcloth shortage??? Strange, I know. We had washcloths the first day but they were very scarce from that point on. We had to call down & request them 3 nights out of four. One night they didn't have any & brought us hand towels instead. I inquired at check out & the lady said that they had just received a shipment of washcloths. Thank goodness. We started to go buy some at Wal Mart to leave for the next folks who got our same room:) I will say that they were extremely quick to respond to our nightly requests. The washcloths were a minor irritation that would not affect our choice to stay there in the future. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The pool area & pool chairs were very nice. We did not eat in the restaurant but it was well attended & looked very nice with white linen tablecloths & napkins. We requested a 2nd chocolate chip cookie one night & they gladly gave us each one. Over all a very nice stay & located right in the middle of the action. It was about 2 miles from the Eau Gallie & 192 causeways which made it a short trip in both directions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Kognitiv US Corp, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront