“This place is wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
bristol
“This place is wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I stayed there one night before leaving on Saturday for our honeymoon cruise. The room was beautiful and clean. They upgraded us with a balcony. The staff was so helpful. They also had a driver "Johnnny" who took us to eat dinner and then to Walmart to shop for our trip at no additional charge. He was really nice. We will stay there again if we get back to Melbourne Florida. Just FYI the Melbourne, Florida airport is the closest airport for taking a cruise from Port Canaveral if you are leaving from a terminal.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

While attending a national car show, my wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel. We expected more from a Hilton. The room had lots of dust on the ceiling vent and when the room next to us ran their bathroom faucet or flushed the toilet, it sounded like it was in our room. On Saturday I went out at 10 and came back at 2 pm and the room was not made up. When I called, I was told the maids work late so people can sleep in and they work up till 5 pm. The maid came about 3:30 pm. It would have been nice if they told us that.
As for the restaurant in the lobby, LaFitte's , I tried to do a review on it but they are not listed on trip advisor. The first night the food was good but service not the best. I was not given a glass with a imported beer I ordered because I was told there was a banquet and they took all the glasses. I then received a wine glass. The second day I had breakfast in the same restaurant. I sat for 15 minutes and not approached by a waitress. I had to flag the male manager as we walked out of the kitchen to get assistance. The food was good, especially the smoked bacon on the buffet and the omelette I had made. But the waitress was kind of spinning around and I never was able to get a coffee refill even though others did. I had to take my cup up to the front of the restaurant to find a coffee station for more. As I left I filled out a comment card and told the hostess of what had happened. As I started to walk away she said "we were slammed", probably not wanting me to hear it. I turned back and said, "you were slammed, it doesn't look like it'. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full when I arrived and not quite half full when I left. I wonder what happens when they really get busy. I walked across the lobby and saw the manager and told him I left the comment card. He said he took care of it.. not sure what he meant. I was not given any credit and did not expect any. I just wanted him to know how lousy the service was. Later that evening, I saw the same male "manager" serving dinners during a banquet but did not appear to be in a supervisory position. The food at the banquet was ok, typical banquet food. If we return for another event, we may stay at the hotel but will go to another restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: If you have the convenience, look at the room before you check in.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank norme-ormond
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here while attending a meeting in the area. The hotel is close to the Melbourne airport (but absolutely no jet noise) and convenient to the beach. The staff were all professional and very courteous. The rooms seem to have been nicely restored although you can see in the hallways that this property is not new. The exercise room is not huge but adequately equipped. The food was great in the restaurant with huge portions - only complaints were the water glasses and napkins are far overdue for replacement. My water glass was very cloudy and when I asked for a cleaner one, the hostess told me they're "all like that - all worn out" (!?) The napkins clearly used to be several shades of darker green. For business purposes, I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
We appreciate your honest review of our hotel. We will be sharing your kind words about our staffs professionalism, our centralized location and the quiteness of the area.

I will be forwarding your comments to our Food and Beverage Director to review with his staff.

We want to continue to be your hotel of choice when visiting Melbourne and look forward to your next visit.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The staff was very accommodating upon our early arrival to the hotel. No hassle at check in and the grounds were spectacular. For an airport property, we did not hear one plane arrive or take off. Van servcie exceeded my expectations and very flexible, will even bring you to the beach. Pool was very clean and at an excellent temperature.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The Hilton by the airport is very centralized for my business needs in Melbourne and Satellite Beach. I stay here about six times a year and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012