“Nice Hotel, but only stay for Business”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 6 February 2012

As A Hilton Diamond Member I found this to be a very good hotel, the food, service is excellent. It's sad it is not closer to the beach, I would only stay there again if it was only for business. I would not stay there for any type of vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bubba086
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had 1 night left of our "Keys" trip and decided to stay here because our return flight was out of Orlando. So glad we discovered this area. The beach was long, wide and beautiful. I bet we walked 5 miles! After going to the Keys where real beaches are rare, this was a happy find. The hotel was Hilton at it's best. The staff was friendly and always smiling. We had a drink pool side and enjoyed the tropical music and feel of the place. Dinner in the restaurant was very good. My husband had steak, garlic mashed and a side of shrimp. I wasn't that hungry so shared his meal and had a side salad. Our waiter was very prompt do to the fact that we were the only people in there. I guess it's the slow season. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet. We don't usually say much about buffets but this one was very good. They even asked if we wanted fresh cooked eggs and waffles. Yes, please!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I stayed one night as a layover on the way to Miami. I have stayed in Hiltons in many different cities. Hilton has learned how to deliver a reliable experience at any of their hotels. There is comfortable bedding, a friendly staff, and a relaxing atmosphere. This one was no different. I forgot my toothbrush and a name brand one was delivered to me with a smile. This was done even though I booked through a travel site and not through their honors program. On top of this, this hotel has a great view of the ocean and was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianE1968
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Great service and all the great amenities of Hilton. However a couple of things: the rooms are neatly vacuumed only in the high traffic areas. Under the bed there were many dust bunnies. On the edge of the room you could clearly see a dust build up. The easy chair in my room was filthy. See attached photo. I did enjoy the restaurant it is Cajun and they seem to do it adequately. I also like the foyer of the room. It was tiled. It was difficult to sleep in as their was a lot of activity in the hallway

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank MichaelMinneapolis
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed one night on Dec 30th and loved the ambiance of this hotel. First impressions are always important and the desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The lobby area was intimate, inviting and decorated beautifully for the holidays Our king room on the 6th floor was quiet and spacious. Everything worked in the room and the bed was super comfortable. We had dinner in their restaurant, LaFittes. The food was excellent with large portions and the price was even better. Special that night was a lobster, shrimp and talapia pasta, including a salad, for $10. Can't beat that!! We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning. It was delivered courteously, right on time and for a great price as compared to other room service breakfasts we've seen! We did not use any of the other facilities so we can't comment but we did see some other guests lounging at the outdoor seating area off the restaurant and they appreared to be enjoying themselves! This is a great hotel and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple