“Good Food”

Southern Sisters Cafe
Ranked #134 of 506 Restaurants in Melbourne
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I've been to this establishment on 3 separate occasions and every time I had something different. I have to say this is one place that will remain on my "go to" list of restaurants. They are quick and the staff has always been friendly. My food had always been fresh and the prices are very fair. The portions are what I would expect from a southern restaurant, I never leave hungry. There is a good amount of seating, I went with a group of 8 people and they happened to have 2 tables that they were able to push together to accommodate however, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a big gathering. It has a cozy "home" feeling and is great for a breakfast or lunch with significant other or family. If I had to make a complaint it would be that sometimes that wait staff isn't as attentive as they could be but they are friendly.

Date of visit: June 2018
Thank kingssept .

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have been to Southern Sisters Cafe a couple of times. I have no complaints with the food. It has been very good each time. It is the service that I struggle with. On my first visit, I did not see the "Specials" Board and the waitress did not mention any specials. A favorite of mine was a Special but I didn't know about it until it was delivered to the next table and I had already ordered. The service was average that visit.
My second visit I knew to check the Specials before I sat down. Again, the food was good but the service average. My waitress had three tables with regulars and she spent a lot of time at those tables. At one point, she sat down and chatted with the customers. I had to wait before I received a menu, and again, before I was able to order. The food did arrive quickly once I ordered. And, again, it was good.
I will give it one more try. Based on the food, I would like to rate it higher but service is a big factor to me.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Okay it's a great breakfast! I only wish they would heat the quiche in the oven and not microwave it. Biscuits and gravy are great! Service is excellent and the place is very clean. I'm a Texas girl so I felt right at home!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Went for breakfast. My husband ordered the scrapple, two eggs and hash browns, I ordered two eggs, home fries and sourdough toast. Our waitress came immediately to the table, we got our drinks quickly and our food came out quickly, my husbands food was hot, but mine was just slightly warm.

To be fair our waitress did ask if everything was ok and I did not mention my food temperature so my fault for keeping quite.

Would not go again, my home fries seemed to be cooked in old grease, the ceiling vents needed a good cleaning and as mentioned my food although delivered quickly was not really warm. My husband was ok with his, but just ok.

Too many other breakfast choices.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Great food. Friendly atmosphere, I enjoyed Southern fried steak with gravy, home fries, two eggs and a side of grits. The food came out quick and was wonderful. Will be back soon.

Date of visit: December 2017