“Quiet and Perfect Location on Maraco Island”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Open Floor Plan
Bathroom 3
Guest bedroom 1 with queen size bed
Guest bedroom 2 with king size bed
Guest bathroom
Game room with pool table
Two Canoes are provided
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
REN040
“Quiet and Perfect Location on Maraco Island”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I spent the holiday week in Marlin Villa with a family group of 10 including 2 toddlers. Marlin Villa is at the end of a dead end street with excellent walking access to the beach. The bikes and kayaks are a nice addition. My daughter was out on her kayak and 5 dolphins traveled with her. We spent most of our time by the heated pool. The house was sparking clean on arrival and small issues were promptly dealt with by Rena. One family showed up with a dog unexpectedly and we had no trouble expanding the agreement to include the dog with an appropriate payment. This house has plenty of room for 3-4 couples and is fully equipped.

Bedding & mattresses
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
mikep06
US
“Stressfull Vacation”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Stayed at the house in August 2015, for a week.
The house is in a good location, access to the canal and about 20 minute walk to the beach. We had problems since we arrived, but the management tried to help as they could.
Upon arriving, we noticed that it was hot and muggy inside so we lowered the AC so it would cool down. It never really did, even in the basement, it was 83 degrees for two days. Called the management company, AC techs were on site the next day, removed a dirty nasty clogged air filter from the furnace and said it should work better now, which in itself is disgusting. The thermostats in the house are remotely programmed with a passcode to lower beyond a certain point. The temp stayed high, so the AC techs came out again twice to fix the actual problem later in the week in the upstairs unit.
The first night we purchased steaks to prepare on the grill, and to our disappointment found out that the grill was not operational, while the fire lit up it held no heat, ruining the food, good thing the oven worked. Placed a call to the management company again the next day, and after some hesitation the owner had a new grill delivered to replace the broken one in 2 days. So when you go, now there’s a good working grill on premises.
The pool is on a small side, but the worst is the tile surrounding the pool. The tile is so slippery that it is very difficult to walk when it is wet, most people fell at least once, especially kids, so that was not safe at all, bring pool socks for kids.
The four bicycles in the garage were a great touch, to ride to the beach, except that 2 of them were broken. The 2 kayaks however, were in working order, in the back of the house.
We had guests over every day for lunch and dinner, some came and left by boat and kayaks, as they were in different properties on the canal. The property has cameras that monitors the activity around the house, and we have received a call from the owner, closer to the end of our stay inquiring about too many people in the house that he counted on the cameras, which I thought was strange and creepy at the same time. Lastly, after checking out and making sure everything was cleaned and in place, we were informed by email that the owner will be withholding our security deposit due too many people in the house. I have stayed in many placed and booked though homeaway.com before, but this is a first. Nothing was broken or damaged, at least we were not notified that anything was, so be aware and be prepared to lose your damage security deposit for any reason.
There were more problems that I would have liked to not have on a vacation, but it was all nothing compared to the owner keeping our deposit, and I simply cannot recommend this house to anyone for that reason. As the security deposit was the roughly the same amount as the new grill, I suspect it was for the owner to pay for it, but again that is my assumption. The reason given for withholding of the security deposit was too many people in the house, while the rental agreement states the maximum of 10 people, it does not state that the security deposit can be withheld for that reason. I was even warned not to male “unsubstantiated threats or publishing disparaging reviews” or I will be “the subject of a legal action”, which was uncalled for.
In conclusion, it was not a very good vacation, but the entire experience left me very uncomfortable. It’s a great house, but the unfair actions of the owner dropped this review from 4 to 2 stars.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Deposit was not returned
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Nov 2015
This traveler posted the derogatory and dishonest review as a retaliation for his withheld deposit. We were threatened by the guest that this review will be posted if the deposit is not refunded. We did not refund the deposit for a very good reason. This guest disrespected our property and violated the Rental Agreement. This $1.5 million property has a security system, monitoring the entrance to the house to protect our guests. The security system irrefutably recorded 2 SUVs and a passenger van carrying 17 people, who stayed at the house. The house occupancy was blatantly exceeded, while the original booking was entered for only 6 people. The complaints are a direct cause of 17 people being packed into the house with only 6 beds. The new AC just couldn't keep up with such a large group. This guest has exhibited deplorable and dishonest behavior. My only regret is that his identity is protected, and we can't warn other homeowners to not entrust their property to this person.
Nikolaj1
Esbjerg, Denmark
“Perfect house for a big family”
Reviewed 11 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

The house is with its 5 bedrooms perfect for an extended family with children. A well functioning kitchen and a huge outdoor grill makes it easy to make your ovn food. Distance to beach and shopping is acceptable. The pool is good for both playing and swimming but the water is too hot for a long swim and you can not regulate the temperature.

Your age range 65+
Management Response
16 Apr 2015
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The swimming pool was not electrically heated due to unusually warm days. We can only adjust the temperature to make the pool warmer and not cooler.
darlaplan...
Cleveland, Ohio
“Perfect location, Perfect Pool, Perfect Home”
Reviewed 30 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

I have been visiting various places in Florida throughout the years and always rented a vacation home. This year it was a family Thanksgiving with 28 members! Thankfully my party only 8 people, but I needed a five bedroom rental. I originally reserved a different place and after 3 months, they sent me an email telling me "sorry, we double booked, here is your deposit". I panicked and began searching and lucky for me, that is how I found the Marlin Villa. From first contact with Vlad, I was assured that it was legit and that we would enjoy it. I had concerns from being burned in the past when someone said there place had a heated pool, only to be told it was an extra fee and even then it was not very warm. Vlad said it would be heated and he was correct. It is the cleanest, nicest, warmest pool we ever had. We actually swam one night until about midnight. But be aware, voices travel and we found out later that it respectful to go indoors past 11:00 p.m. so the neighbors aren't disturbed. Back to our arrival...It was about a 45 minute drive from Fort Myers Airport. We stopped at Publix to get things for the stay. When we arrived at the Marlin, it is situated at the end of the road and the views of the water were spectacular. I couldn't be happier that the house had a lock box. Some of my other family had to drive to various places in Naples to pick up their key. Once we walked in the door everyone ran to claim a bedroom. There are two masters that have french doors that walk out to the pool. There is a sliding glass door in the kitchen and also one in the living room so getting to the pool is a breeze. The other bedroom on this floor has twin beds which were perfect for my sons, but there is no window covering on one of the windows and light will come in. The two bedrooms downstairs are massive and it is nice and dark. Plenty of bathrooms, plenty of linens and towels. Great washer and dryer. At Publix, we bought paper towels, toilet paper, coffee filters, garbage bags, etc. We found out we did not need them, so my suggestion is to go to the Marlin first, then shop for what you need. This home has free Wi-Fi, a nice tv, stove, microwave, etc. it is a home away from home. There are several bicycles and two kayaks. There is a grill, but we did not use it. Unlike other places, this home was stocked with alot of bath towels and washcloths. Plenty of pillows and covers. It was seriously about 1 mile to the beach. If you go to any gift shops, I suggest Alvin's Island. The clothes will be your typical, low quality Marco Island print screen, which is at all the gift shops, but Alvin's had much lower prices. The sunrises are amazing. If you stay the whole week there are actually two garbage pick up days, which is awesome. If you are going to eat out and like to watch a game, I strongly suggest the Marco Island Brewery. If you have children and/or like Hibachi, you need to try the Tokyo Inn. So, if you are looking for a Marco Island rental, look no further, the Marlin Villa will not disappoint.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The heated pool
Liked least: The dog that barked next door
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
pnbnj
Landing, NJ
“Awesome rental!”
Reviewed 23 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The house was everything we thought it would be and more. Location is excellent... accomodations excellent. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation.. Marco sunsets and beautiful beaches can't be beat. Enjoyed access to the bicycles and kayaks... and spending quality family time.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: 1st time marco vacationers.... Marco was awesome!
Liked least: The dock needs maintenance
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing