“Easter Dinner a Success!”
Review of Chop 239

Chop 239
Ranked #64 of 126 Restaurants in Marco Island
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to CHOP 239 on Marco Island.Located within the elegantly appointed Esplanade Shoppes, Chop 239 is soon to be one of Marco Island’s favorite dining destinations for residents and visitors in the know.Offering a diverse menu of fresh seafood, Sterling-silver steaks and chops, plus an impressive wine selection to satisfy all appetites and tastes, our guests will enjoy a relaxed, yet decadent dining experience overlooking Smokehouse Bay.From guest favorite appetizers, like our signature jumbo lump crab cakes, french onion soup and steakhouse wedge, to composed entrée plates of fresh fish, chops and steaks; excellent cuisine marries with gracious service in a casually-sophisticated space. In addition to our diverse menu, we also cater to those seeking light-fare options too, with more than a half dozen small plate dishes served throughout the restaurant and lounge.Wine lovers will enjoy the exposed cellar showcasing our ever-changing selection of wines from around the globe. With over sixty wines available by the stem, novices can indulge and try something new, while aficionados can pair the perfect flight. The adventurous hip-young crowd, the expanding selection of hand-crafted beer, expertly made cocktails and seasonal martinis offer more than a month of choices without duplicationStart your night with Happy Hour from 4:30 – 7:00pm and enjoy ½ priced select seasonal wines by the stem, well cocktails and domestic beer, under Marco Island famous sunset glow. Weekend diners and those looking for a comfortable place to close out the night, will delight in live music starting at 7pm with the Moony Mann band.Whether dining inside in our elegantly appointed dining room overlooking Smokehouse Bay, the covered patio or the granite topped bar, our atmosphere can provide an intimate setting for a special occasion or a socially-engaging happy hour place to have a drink and light bite with friends; making Chop 239 a ‘whatever you are in the mood for’ place.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We got here at almost 9 on easter night. We were turned away at CJs so we made our first ever visit to chop 239. I had a steak salad and my son had a burger. My salad was great...just the right size. My son enjoyed his burger. Waiter couldn’t have been nicer even though I’m sure he was ready to go home! We will take the whole family here for a more complete dinner next time on Marco .

Reviewed 31 March 2018

What an over priced dump. No wonder the place was empty when all else was full to overflow. Really folks, avoid this place at all cost. Really not kidding.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We enjoyed our meals very much. The only negative was that our waiter's shirt was filthy and a real turn off. That is something that is easily fixable, so hopefully we will be back and have a stellar experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The limited and unimaginative menu is only topped by the unfriendly service. The place was almost empty and doubt it will be around another year from now.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I was looking for a good steak on Marco Island and this place came up as #2 or 6 steak places. I should have looked closer because it's also ranked as #60 of 80 restaurants on Marco, and that ranking is probably not wrong.

The menu has "$49 for an 18oz bone-in ribeye served on a sizzling platter, béarnaise or peppercorn sauce upon request" - sounds great. What I got was not even close to 18oz (more like 12), was not serviced on a sizzling plate, and the server never offered either sauce. The steak itself was cooked properly and seasoned nicely, but, was definitely not what I expect for a $49 steak. And it's served a la carte, so extra $ for a side. We started with the mussels which were very good. My wife's filet was reported as "good", though not as good as she'd expect from a good quality steakhouse.

I doubt I would return here and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who understands what a good steak is.