“Return to Marco Island”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 125 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Sanjuan is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Great food in a so-so location. The restaurant is well decorated and the menu while not large is more than sufficient. The wine list is very well priced and adequate.
Service was impeccable

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My husband and I celebrated a long weekend on Marco Island, and we chose to spend our first dinner at Verdi's on a weeknight. Although we arrived early, we were shown to a nice corner booth, and there was no wait. Our server was extremely friendly, as was the host stand.
We enjoyed the hot bread with the house infused oil. We split a bottle of rose which was priced appropriately, and we both ordered the house salad which was garnished beautifully. I had the chicken phyllo for my entrée, which was served piping hot and accompanied with mashed potatoes. For dessert we shared the German chocolate cake with coconut caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I loved the ambiance of the bistro, and it was quiet. We chose to eat indoors, however there is a limited outdoor seating area. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall. This was truly one of my favorite dinners during our stay on Marco Island.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had heard lots of good things about Verdi's and it did not disappoint. The service was very good, the food was also very good, but there were just a few things that prevents me from giving this family run bistro a 5 star rating. The restaurant is small and so the tables are very close together. This can be okay except when you happen to be seated next to the loud talking family who boast and brag about everything. Certainly not the restaurant's fault but it unfortunately impacted upon my experience. The second complaint that I have did not even concern the dish that I ordered but I still have to put it out there. My husband ordered linguine with clam sauce and the pasta was like glue. It wasn't fresh and it wasn't al dente, in fact it was way overcooked and the sauce was extremely garlicky. If this is supposed to be a high end dining experience, you can't serve wallpaper paste for pasta. He ate it though. Lamb chops were good, Now for the good news, at the suggestion of our server, I ordered the duck and it was outstanding. My daughter had the lamb and it was equally good. The sugarless flourless chocolate cake was amazing, so that I wish that I could have a piece of that cake right now. So all in all, I do recommend this restaurant, it is generally very good but I can't get over mushy pasta. Just sayin'

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The food at Verdi's is exceptional. Not only are the menu selections not the usual bistro dining, but we found choices not expected at a small and unpretentious (in a strip mall) restaurant. Nothing disappointed! Ingredients were fresh and full of flavor, ideal for the dish presented. The attention of chef Joey, and his culinary knowledge, were an added delight.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

After reading many great reviews we were all set for what we thought was going to be the meal of the trip. Disappointment. Bland food- shrimp pasta, grouper....mushroom cap appetizer "meh", and waitress did not know specials- had to read off of paper and when asked how the grouper was prepared she didn't know and had to go ask. I could go on and on but won't- just do yourself a favor- if you're looking for that "quality" meal for your big night- don't go here. I am so stunned at the overly positive reviews I read here. They are way off base.

3  Thank Jon L