“A solid meal but nothing more”
Review of Cafe de Marco

Cafe de Marco
Ranked #27 of 125 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 37
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the northern most point of Old Marco is Cafe de Marco. An intimate bistro/cafe serving the most diverse selection of fresh seafood & other continental specialties since 1983. A favorite amongst locals & seasonal return visitors to Marco Island. Reservations are greatly appreciated. Olde Florida atmosphere in the historic district of Olde Marco. Perfect for an outstanding meal, business, or special occasion. Vast wine selection and beer available. Twilight specials and children's menu available. Owned and operated by same owner & family since starting out in 1983. Our building enjoys a rich piece of Marco history. The Cafe's building was the original quarters for the chamber maids employed by the historic Old Marco Inn just a few yards away. Many years ago the Inn functioned as a "bed & breakfast", and the maids would simply walk to work from our building. This explains the answer to a frequently asked question..."Was this an old house at one time?" Today, step inside to what has been transformed into an islander's tradition for over 30 years. We look forward to serving you soon! ~Sandy Franchino, Owner
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been here a number of times. The last two times we got late reservations and midway through dinner the staff is cleaning up. Kind of annoying to feel like you are keeping everyone from leaving but if that’s the case then don’t give us an 845 reservation. My son had the signature prawn dish. You really have to love shrimp because they are huge. Too big if you ask him (or me). Tables are also jammed in here pretty tight.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We made reservations here while on family vacation. It was recommended on a list the hotel gave us and we spoke with our bellman for recommendations and he highly suggested Cafe de Marco. It did not disappoint! Restaurant is small and quaint. We sat in the front porch area whisk has a little slope to the floor which actually just added to the charm! The service was wonderful. Always there filing water, clearing our plates, etc. The lobster bisque was one we would all order again for sure! Our entrees were hot and delicious. Desert should be ordered as well! Overall a great night out with my family.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner at Cafe de Marco tonight. I ordered the macadamia nut encrusted grouper. However, when my dinner arrived, I could not cut through the fish with a fork or a knife. Then I found an eggshell under the fruit topping. The staff was very apologetic when I brought this to their attention, and I ordered the lobster bisque instead. However, after we received our bill, it was clear that all I got was an apology for this bad piece of fish, because the restaurant charged me for my soup. So I left with a bad taste in my mouth and will not be back.

1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The best fish restaurant on Marco. We seem to visit this restaurant every time we come to Marco. The food is excellent! Staff very friendly. You can eat inside or outside in their ‘outdoor garden’ area.. The restaurant is celebrating 35 years of culinary excellence!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We had a nice meal here our last night on the island. The service was prompt and friendly, and our meals were great. We had a late reservation, so we opted to share appetizers and entrees among the table. Shrimp lenny and clams casino for appetizers, as well as seasme tuna and surf & turf. All was very tasty, however one damper on the meal was how crowded they have the tables. They have squeezed in one too many in one small room, and feel all would benefit from freeing up some personal space for the customers and waiters sake, as they try to maneuver around. The customer behind ours had to shuffle around his seat while eating his meal in order for our waiter to take our order, and did not look too impressed. I felt a little too close to the tables on each of my side while trying to enjoy my meal. Just something I think the managers should consider going forward.