“Excellent, Professional, and Patient”
Review of Scuba Marco

Scuba Marco
Reviewed 3 October 2017

There are not too many dive shops that schedule regular dives off of Marco Island, especially in September, but these guys definitely do. They were very experienced divers and experienced navigators. They called up a few days before the dive to let me know that the weather was looking good and the dive was on.

I have maybe 10 dives under my belt, and they were very patient with me making sure I got everything set up correctly and had the right amount of weights. During the travel out to the dive site, my tank fell down and damaged the O-ring. The captain fixed that in about 30 seconds, whereas it probably would have taken me 30 minutes.

The dives were excellent, and the dive master knew exactly where to look for some goliath grouper and other interesting things to see.

Would definitely recommend this shop for any dive!

Date of experience: September 2017
Jessica H, Owner at Scuba Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thanks so much! It was a pleasure to have you on board. We love divers of all levels and do our best to provide excellent service for everyone. Keep blowing bubbles and hope we meet again!!
The Scuba Marco Team

in 42 reviews
"jessi"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I've been diving all over the Caribbean & south Atlantic. It's so good to come home and dive with Jeff & Jesse's crew. The visibility won't be better than 40 feet on the best days. No big deal these guys pick the times and locations to put you on the best possible spots around Marco Island. We dove two days this past week and each of the four tanks were great. Captain Johnnie runs the boat and is amazing. Tyler is the dive master we've been swimming with. The guys are truly customer service oriented. They take care of everything from loading your gear to helping make sure your experience is the best it can be. Scuba Marco's motto is No troubles blow bubbles. That's a fact!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank PaulD661
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

From the start of our interaction (the phone call) to the gal at the front desk to the actual dive, I felt as if their focus was totally on our enjoyment. The captain and Tyler were helpful and knowledgeable about the environment we would be diving. I highly recommend you give this shop a try. It couldn't havw been a better day.

Date of experience: August 2017
Jessica H, Manager at Scuba Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thanks so much for the kind words! Hope you come back and see us soon :-)

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Easy contact by email. Did a 2 tank dive while attending a conference I Naples. Staff Tyler and the others really friendly and pursued that it should be no stress. 2nd dive great on the shrimp boat Goliath groupers (making sound underwater), stingrays, 2 nurse-sharks lion fish batfish etc. Although just a 10 m dive. Good service on-board. Easy since were just 6 divers. We saw turtles and dolphins on the boat. The visibility in water was ok but slightly less than in the Caribbean.

Date of experience: June 2017
Jessica H, Manager at Scuba Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thanks for finding us and the kind review. Hope to see you again!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Over a month ago I reached out to Scuba Marco to check their availability while I was visiting over the past week. I was told there would be no problem diving as I provided five days I would be available while in the area. A little over two weeks ago I called again to confirm and spoke with Jesse (sp?) and she told me they had my info and would be in touch while I was visiting. I never heard from them in any manner during my entire stay. I have visited enough locations and have enough experience to know that sometimes dive trips are cancelled due to weather, lack of interest, sick crew, etc., and every time time this has happened the dive shop reached out in some manner to let the divers know. This may have been the case this time but I have no idea as no one reached out, ever. I wasted luggage fees as well as dealt with trying to explain to my teenage son why we weren't diving day after day. In addition, before visiting the area I spoke with other dive shops in the area who questioned why I wanted to dive the area to begin with because visibility isn't great as they generally coordinate trips out of the area. Since I've been to the Keys several times I was interested in diving locally. It's true I could have reached out to Scuba Marco while in the area but how many times does one have to say, "I want to business" before they do so? Rated one star because I can't choose zero but to be fair when I spoke with the dive shop they were nice so one star it is.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank 281chrisw

We do our best to be very up front with all divers regarding decent dive conditions and minimum number of divers to get a trip off. If you didn't hear from us there is a 99+% chance that those two variables did not come together. However, we are human and not above an occasional error. IF that were the case, my sincere apologies. I wish you would have reached out to us, a phone call to ask 'what's up' would have been much easier than the time you took to write a scathing (and in my opinion, unfair) review. I understand the disappointment when divers don't get their bubble-blowing fix though. If you are in the area again please give us an opportunity to show you not only our underwater world here, but Scuba Marco's continual commitment to customer satisfaction.