I accompanied my husband on a business trip for 4 nights the end of April. I have stayed at this hotel several times during the past 20 years & still love it. Marco Island Marriott has undergone a renovation within the last several years and it shows.
The grounds are landscaped with abundant palm trees, flowering bushes, flowers & healthy green grass. The hotel restaurant even has a nice size herb garden growing right outside of Kurrents Restaurant. The hotel pools are both large & immaculatley maintained. Great lounge chairs with thick cushions, umbrellas & tables. Both pools have an incredible view of the beach which is literally steps away from both pools. Water in pools was not too hot & not too cold...just perfect. Hot tubs by both pools are nice. Great food & drink service by the pool...just stick up the flag on your chair and the waitress comes right over. Great service out on the beach as well. Servers drive by on golf carts often to see if you need anything. We didn't wait long for anything. The Pina Colada's were excellent. Not too sweet, very creamy & served w/fresh pineapple. Yes, annoying people were down at the pool by 8:00 a.m. "reserving" their chairs & then disappearing for hours, but since it wasn't extremely busy during our stay, we always got a spot. With this being said, I would not have hesitated to throw someone's towels off the chair if I needed a spot to sit....and so should you if are there during high season. You are given a "towel card" per adult which gets you 2 towels. You get your towel card back after you return your towels & you are allowed to switch out wet towels for dry ones as often as you'd like. When you check out, you return the towel cards; otherwise you are charged $25 per card. I actually think it's a smart system.
You can rent a Chickee Hut on the beach with 2 lounge chairs for $35/per day. We got ours for 1/2 price on Wed. because they were running a special. You can also get free chairs set up for you right down by the water & add an umbrella for $18 which is what we did one day. The beach is steps away from the hotel and is a wide, white sandy beach with the prettiest water in Florida I have seen. It was not too cold to swim in either. Other than some jagged shells, the sand is like baby powder.
We took the Shelling/Sailing excursion right from the Marriott on a catamaran with another couple. It was a 2.5 hour trip to an uninhabitated island south of Marco. The ride over was beautiful & very relaxing. We even saw some dolphins along the way. Once to the island, we found tons & tons of shells...some of the best shelling ever! I highly recommend this excursion...it is the 3rd time I have been on it & it is a great experience!
We ate at Quinn's on the beach, which is of course, RIGHT on the beach. Huge, huge fresh salads, burgers, appetizers, etc. at a somewhat elevated price, but it is a resort and look at that view! The food was very good. We skipped the breakfast buffet at Tropiks & had a quick bite at the Coffee Shop in the hotel (which was very good). The zucchini bread was very moist & delicious with a fresh hot cup of tea. We ate at Kurrents one night & had no trouble getting seated. Very, very good food although a somewhat limited menu. I would have liked to have had more options. We also walked over to DaVinci's Italian Restaurant one night which was a 10-min. walk from the hotel, as well as Nacho Mama's Mexican Restaurant. They were also good. Ne-Ne's was a local little breakfast spot that was a 25 min. walk from the hotel & they had great pancakes. We like to take-off and find the good local spots whenever we take a trip. Many people raved about Marek's restaurants a few miles off-property, but we didn't have time to try them.
The resort is very laid back, very relaxing & has some of the most BEAUTIFUL sunsets I have ever seen. The beach is very big & the water is clear. At night, all the glowing lights come on at the hotel, there is live music playing down by the bar at Quinn's & you can enjoy a nice night swim out by the pool that closes at 10 p.m. There were a few fire pits outside with waterfalls & sitting areas that were nice to sit by at night. If you are looking for a party scene, this is NOT the place to go, but if you are looking for a place to relax, swim, sit at the beach, watch the sunset, eat good food ...this is your place!
Upon checking into our room, the bathroom had a very strong odor of stinky feet. We dropped off our suitcases, headed down for lunch, & thought the smell would perhaps disappear. When we came back, it still smelled of stinky feet. I called the front desk & they sent someone up immediately to clean the bathroom...again. After that, the smell went away, but it bothered me that it smelled in the first place?? The front desk was very apologetic & took care of it in a very efficient manner, but it did gross me out.
The sound-proofing in the rooms is not very good. Not sure what the hotel could do to improve this. We could hear conversations word-for-word at 11:00 pm right out our door and people slamming doors, kids running up & down hallways, etc. To the hotel's credit, I have to say we had very rude, loud, inconsiderate neighbors who thought nothing of slamming their doors shut, yelling & laughing as they got back to their rooms at midnight, so it is not completely the hotel's fault. But the noise was a distraction from our otherwise very, very relaxing vacation! I would not hesitate for a second to stay here again...and already looking forward to our next trip back...with the kids this time:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our newly renovated guest rooms and suites, feed your intellect through our locally sourced menu selections and interactive food and beverage experiences, and find balance, health, and harmony at our Spa by JW(R). Following a $320 million renovation, our resort pays homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provides leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, 10 restaurants, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is an immersive sanctuary where guests can delve deeper into their passions while enjoying our legendary warm, attentive service delivered by those who genuinely love what they do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island