“Perfect Location”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a great time staying at MBR! The location is so close to many popular attractions (nothing is really more than 25 minutes away), and not mention, it is right across the street from the beach. We've vacationed a few times now at MBR and the beach is never over crowded and the staff at MBR have always been very helpful. John's Pass is only a 5 minute walk away, and then you're there near great restaurants and other super fun beach activities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Maria R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I am writing this as we got home from our 4th stay there. We have stayed in 3 different condos since 2008 and all at different times. I get the rentals through VRBO.com, Itrip.net or I call the owner directly and then call my contact person- Kristal at the resort directly. I have a pet, so I have stayed in 2 pet friendly condos which is great for us.
I am going to give my honest opinion here as we were not so impressed with the last condo we stayed in which was 601 and owned by TRS(The Resort Company itself). I could not get our usual condo and since it was peak time, I had to take what was left and pet friendly. I payed much more than I usually have and feel that I should review this place fairly.
First of all, the location is awesome for the Condo. Walking distance to tourist shopping, the beach, restaurants, bars. You don't really need a car.There is a trolley/bus that stops right in front if you desire to go anywhere else. We drive and have family in the area so we venture away from the crowds and go see the Rays play at the Trop.
The view from our condo 601 and the others we have stayed in is awesome and are all on the Bay/Marina side. We are worried the gulf side condos (which are cheaper) will be noisy as they are right over Gulf Blvd. My sister stayed in one over the gulf and said the noise wasn't too bad. There are balconies to sit out on and enjoy the views, either side.
The staff there is very nice and helpful to us, whenever I have had contact with them. Kristal especially is good, she is my contact person. Never encountered a rude employee in the 4 years we have stayed here. I did make a work request this past time about the walk in shower head not working. It did not get fixed while we were there. The previous time we were there, the sliding door was broke and got fixed the very next business day. The big complaint here and from many others is the low flow shower heads are bad to begin with and now are getting clogged from age/buildup. The water pressure is terrible for showering. We had to use the tub to shower, not the big walk-in shower.
The condos are spacious for the most part, modern, and can accommodate a large party of people depending on the condo you rent. Make sure you ask about the types of beds/bedrooms, bathrooms and eating surfaces before you rent. 601 had no table to eat at, small living room and just a 2 seater barstool at counter set up. However, the condo was set up to sleep up to 5 people(not comfortably) we had to eat off the coffee table in front of the TV. I bring and buy food to save costs.The kitchens are large with bare minimums for utensils and such. 308 had a table for 4 and barstools, 508(itrip.net) was the best and largest and we were able to have a small family get together in there.
The master bedrooms are all large and so are the bathrooms. The "den" or 2nd bedrooms are small and may have no closet or anything to store clothing in. The masters have a large closet and a TV stand that has 3 drawers for storing clothes. There is also 2 nightstands on either side of master beds for clothing storage.The beds in the condos we have stayed in are very uncomfortable and low quality. Just a metal spring mattress covered with thin mattress covering. This is one of the biggest downsides of the condos. They all seem to have the same cheap furnishings and decor. We bring a memory foam mattress topper to sleep on and one time I used all the extra blankets to pad the mattress. Our backs are very sore if we sleep on the mattress itself. The extra bed in 601 was in a small room and looked to be nothing more than a "rollaway cot" with metal bars as head and footboards. Not suitable for anyone tall or over the age of 16. All sofa pull out into beds, but again, not comfortable at all. 308 has bunk beds and 508 has same beds but queen/king sized. 601 has a new King bed but still not good quality and it had the matching twin comforter from the rollaway bed on the bottom of the bed as the bedspread as opposed to the usual tropical print one all the other condos have. So no properly fitting one was provided.
The Resort advertises that it is this luxurious place and I can honsetly tell you there are many things lacking here. The pool and hot tub are in a parking lot like one reviewer said. The Spa in the building is very expensive and I don't think does a great business. The quality of the towels are about Gym/YMCA(maybe worse) quality. I bring my own towels. Sheets are thin and come off at sides each night(even just sleeping), furniture is not large or comfortable (601 especially), the walls are very thin and most carpets that I have seen are stained. But, that may be because I stay in the "pet friendly" condos.
I try and stay in off peak times here so I do not feel I over pay for what you get. I feel that this past week(Easter), I severly overpaid for what I got. This particular condo(601) did not have any beach chairs, towels or anything extra so luckily, we brought all our own.
I do not want to deter anyone from staying here, there are many positives to the condo. However, I just don't want anyone to be surprised and disappointed when they get there.
Read all the other reviews and make your decision based on all of them.

Room Tip: Bayside is quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CCEMTPRNcess
Waynesville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were so happy with our recent vacation at Madiera Bay Resort. We had a top floor, gulf-facing condo that gave us wonderful views. The unit was very clean and nicely decorated. Beach access was right across the street, and great restaurants were all within walking distance. We rented a car for the week and didn't need it! John's Pass provided shopping for everyone: souvenirs and t-shirts, wine and cigars, jewelry. Oh, did I mention the beach? White soft sand, plenty of space, nice for walking. We've only been home a couple of weeks and we are ready to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vagabond007549
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I think that your viewpoint of this condo hotel depends heavily on your room. We were in 611, a small condo that could not accommodate 4 comfortably- but had very nice views. While the kitchen was nice, the furniture was outdated, the sofa bed and master bed was extremely uncomfortable, and there was only a small place for 2 to eat at the kitchen bar (2 kids were ok, not two adults as the space is tiny). The carpet was filthy- and when the manager viewed it, he stated that they had not gotten around to cleaning it since they were so busy, but since they were full, nothing could be done. You could not walk on it barefoot. The pool is very small for a building of this size and is without bathroom access and shade.

The pillows do not have pillow covers, and they had no extra pillow cases in the entire building-bring your own pillows.

The positives? Close proximity to John's Pass, across the street from the beach and Alex, a very customer-service oriented reservationist/desk clerk.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an updated room with a dining table.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karin23320
Cheryl F, Manager at Madeira Bay Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
We are sorry that we could not get the carpets cleaned prior to your arrival as we were completely booked for the 3 weeks leading up to your stay and did not have the opportunity to have them cleaned. Please know that they have been cleaned since your departure. Also, we are in the process of replacing all the pillows and beds in the resort.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Great views..loved the salt water pool ...loved being in walking distance to stores, restaurants and the gulf...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1.2 km away
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Madeira Bay Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK