“Good food in a fun atmosphere1”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #23 of 130 Restaurants in Lutz
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I have eaten here twice in the last month. The food was good the first time and better the second time. The service was good both times and I enjoyed my meal. I would suggest giving them a try.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We had originally planned to go to another place for lunch but they had a long wait so we went here instead. The pizza crush was nice and tasted home made and the toppings on the pizza were fresh and nice and not overcooked. All we had was pizza so I can't comment on the rest of the menu but we sure liked our vegetable pizza. Our server was good and I would go there again

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

First experience with Mellow Mushroom was last year with my family in Citrus Park (Tampa) and became instant fan!!

New store in Wesley Chapel/Lutz on Hwy 56/54 exchange has a more modern decor, larger restaurant and freakin BUSY!! The Front Desk Attendant kept this place from getting 5☆s, as she did not inform us it was first come first serve at the bar and or tables adjacent to the bar, causing my friend and I to needlessly wait nearly 40 minutes to be seated!! Afterwards, the service was top notch and efficient, the place was very clean and the food was out of this world delicious!! A salad, 10 wings each and sharing a large 3 topping pizza with non alcoholic beverages each ran just under $65. A family of 4 or more, will obviously be higher!
All in all, I will be back!!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I've always loved Mellow Mushroom pizza. First had it over 15 yrs ago, and I think theirs is some of the best. The Pacific Rim is one of my favorites for sure. As for this new location, its in a place that's already crazy when it comes to traffic. Parking is great there, though. I will say that I've waited before posting this rating as I've had a couple of mediocre and inconsistent service experiences - unfriendly hostesses, slow on greeting at the table, drinks going empty, waiting a long time for the check, etc. It wasn't terrible every time, but to me they don't have as good of service as the Brandon location where I would go in the past when I wanted Mellow Mushroom. If you go, just understand your service will be hit or miss.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Excellent pizza! We don't have a chance to eat pizza often, and when we do, we want a great one! We got it here. Service was fantastic! Ingredients very good quality, sauce and toppings were excellent and the crust to die for. They also have a full bar menu, and a lot of different food offerings other than just pizza, on the menu. We will be traveling back there for more of their pizza goodness.

Date of visit: June 2018