“White sauce and love”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Kobe rocks for birthdays and staff happy hours, be sure to check on the HH times. The white sauce should be outlawed. Get a drink at the bar and some happy hour sushi. Your night will be fun and tasty

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Kobe's has many varie dinners to chose from but the most exciting is when you order any dinner that has to be cooked in front of you.
The server lights the fire and uses his knives to cook and send little pieces of the dinner flying to each of the people at the table. What fun to try and catch a little shrimp with your mouth wide open

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I love the practice restaurants have of offering 'house money' when you buy certain denominations of Gift Cards. Especially at places where I dine often. Its the best investment I can make with my money. Spend $100 on a Gift Card, and get $20 in house money. I differentiate the two as usually the extra money back can't be used for tipping, or sometimes it must be used all on one check. But Kobe issues a debit type card which can be worked down until you finish off the balance. Win Win. About an instant 20% return on my investment.

My dinner Thursday night was great. I received a warm welcome from the hostess staff, and was told when my table would be coming up. I was seated with a group of seven people celebrating a birthday. A few in the group I could tell English wasn't their primary language. The menu was being explained by others in their group etc. All in the enjoyment of the evening. Our server was Yong T, and the chef was Viet. Yong has been a server for me previously but was still very polite when asking what I wanted, and making sure I had my salad as everyone else was starting their soup course. Its not a favorite for me. I suppose its good, but it tends to fill me and I'd rather get to dessert than the Onion broth with Mushrooms. Occasionally I get their Miso soup as a change. But usually I skip the soup. Gives me time to people watch, see Chef Philip amaze the guests on the next table or listen as the occasional table celebrates a birthday. The meal progressed and I noticed one of the guests in the party tried to capture the volcano with her camera. I asked the chef if he could please relight the flame for her photo. He was glad to help make the photo perfect. The meal continued in this way. Lots of photos, and enjoyable banter. Ever hearing one of the other Chef's scream to surprise the guests at her table. Its fun to watch the others jump. She occasionally catches me off guard too. Anyway meal went to the end. Great flavors, all the usual courses. Vegetables, Noodles, shrimp, steak for me, potatoes. And my dessert. I usually skip the rice to justify a cupcake for dessert. Its not the same nutritional value. But its how I justify my diet. I had previously bought several gift cards for use hopefully through March. I go often that they get used pretty quickly.

I asked if the server was able to leave the check open so I could tip with my gift card. He wasn't able and would have been satisfied. But I asked if he could charge a small amount separately, so I could tip with a regular credit card. I've had my limited time in service and can't leave without tipping for excellent service. He managed to place a penny charge which I thanked him for doing. I was able to place my tip. All very happy. I'll keep this in mind as I use both my gift cards and the house money for the first quarter of 2018. Waiting for next visit. I think I have a gift card available for use.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The dinner was delicious and service was exceptional thanks to my server, Andy. Also, Heidi was a very accommodating host with great smile. Thank you all for the wonderful experience.

Kobe-Ichiban, Guest Relations Manager at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I come to this Kobe steakhouse at least 5-6 times a year for each of our birthdays because the food is always amazing! On our last visit we had Joseph (aka Jose), who was by far the best chef we ever had! He had new tricks that even the most frequent Kobe visitor has never seen and his food was out of this world!! Jenn was our server and she was equally awesome!