“Good food”

Oh My Gyro
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Longwood
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 21
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

It was great. The food is a good portion and kept me full for a while. I got the small size lamb/chicken mix gyro
Platter. My boyfriend got the larger size.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Decided to check this place out. We had the lamb platter. Now I had halal guys in Waterford prior and I have to say that halal guys was more tastier. The price for the platter is a bit much but you do get a big portion. The hot sauce was nice and spicy just wished there was more. It was ok. It's not far from the it and it is pretty clean.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Trinislang
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Seriously hands down always on point. Amazing gyros and platters with rice and salad. I recommend mixed with lamb and chicken. The dragon sauce is the jam. Try the kebabs to just be prepared they are made to order and can take 15 min on the grill. Try it you will love it!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018

To be fair, Greek's aren't typically concerned with Halal food standards. But that's neither here nor there.....let's talk turkey (or chicken as the case may be).

Do you like to eat in a restaurant that's super clean and all of the fixtures are neat and organized? Do you like open seating that has no obstructed views of exotic Longwood, FL? If you answered yes, then this is the place for you. Honestly, I can't say I've ever eaten in a cleaner restaurant than this one. I suspect you could literally eat off the floors here. So when you are a huge fan of things like "Restaurant Impossible" and "Restaurant Rescue" type shows......you really pay attention to a small "Mom & Pop" place like this, for how they observe cleanliness. Two thumbs up for OMG on this!

Full disclosure - I have trouble eating mayo (I know, it sucks) and I can't eat dairy, so I ordered a plain chicken gyro (pronounced - hero) sans sauce. I made my sandwich a meal with a drink and fries and I was out the door for less than $10. In this day & age, that's a win.

Gyro: the pita was delicious. Not quite, "this would make me smack your momma" good, but pretty darn delicious. The meat itself was a little more on the spicy side - which I suspect is the middle eastern influence of the owners. In typical greek gyros, the meat has seasoning, but not spice. I think this is another clear delineation that this is not Greek food. All of the vegetables were fresh and you could tell by the size of the tomatoes and onions, that they were chopped fresh daily (warning - if you don't like onions, the chunks served in the gyros are HUGE). All that aside, food was served quick & hot. Taste was unique, and for those that want another level of heat - each sandwich comes with a side of sriracha sauce....which I'm pretty sure is the same recipe they use for paint thinner.

Fries: you know, french fries are such an easy thing to make, you'd think that making them "right" is a foregone conclusion. But boy, you'd be wrong. So many people serve fries with there food, that the true "art" that goes into fry making, is lost. There's crinkle cut, fresh cut (with the skin still on), waffle cut, wedge cut, steak fries, and so on. That being said, you'd be hard pressed to argue that McDonald's is the standard by which all other "french fries" are to be measured. That's not to say that they're the greatest - they're pretty amazing if done right - like how In-n-Out Burger does them - but they're definitely the industry standard for "if you don't want to screw up fries, make them like this."

And let me tell you, OMG, does it right! Fries weren't too greasy, they weren't soggy, they were cooked just right. That alone, is worth 5 stars to any true red-blooded, carb loving, deep-fried southerner.

So to the folks at OMG, I say Cheers! Fantastic food. I'll be back for more!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Craving a gyro thought I would try this on a friends recommendation. Should have eaten elsewhere. The flavor is way off and the rice dry and tasteless.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Oh My Gyro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK