“Good food,better view !!”

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Dock Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 34
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Geckos Hospitality Group - Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast. The Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio,and the upstairs overlooking the view of Sarasota Bay the Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have family in the area and this place is one of their fave’s so I wanted to go. We went on a busy Thursday night at about 5:30during peak tourist season. We knew we’d be waiting on the drive. No problem with parking and the place was already packed to the gills. We were told the wait would be 90minutes but it was 2 hours. It is what it is.. BEAUTIFUL place to watch the water and the occasional boat pass by. Great view of the Sarasota skyline on the bay. Once seated upstairs and inside we were taken care of by Brittney. She was fantastic. We didn’t have to wait for anything. Drinks, appetizers, utensils, etc. She was ON IT ! Our group ordered calamari and Grouper Bites for appetizers. Grouper was perfect. The calamari was quite good but a tiny bit rubbery. Not the best I’ve had but certainly not the worst. My wife got the seafood bisque and she said it was out of this world. 3 of us got the fish and chips. BIG portion. Light batter, perfectly cooked, tender and very tasty. One of us got chili and another the Grouper tacos. Both were great. Grabbed a slice of key lime pie to go. It was just okay. $196 out the door including tip for 6 of us (we did not drink any alcohol). Not bad for a quality meal. I’d give it 5 stars except for the wait (no fault of theirs really).

2  Thank HipD3

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

So much to say here...
This is by far a big fave of mine. I always attempt to go every trip to Longboat but can’t get in most times without perfect planning.
In the springtime, you want to go for lunch because dinner gets pretty crowded without pre-planned reservations.
Here’s the all-stars:
Corn and crab chowder. Incredibly delicious and perfect soup. Even in hot Florida, you want to order a bowl. Even the non- foodies who don’t critique food or really care what they’re eating will sit back in puzzlement, asking themselves why is this soup so good. I love the slight heat to this soup as well. It’s a must folks - get it!

Tacos. Whether you order grouper shrimp lobster - they are all so damn good. They toss the protein in a tasty orange sauce that has a little kick. No- not buffalo. It’s a sauce their chef dreamed up long ago and I love it.

Lobster roll. Clean, fresh, deliciousness with the right amount of everything and stuffed into the perfect roll.

My fave- blackened grouper on a Caesar salad.
Unforgettably tasty blackening seasoning showcases the fresh grouper. Put it on a perfectly dressed Caesar salad and you might see me she’s a joyful tear.

2  Thank libbyliz75
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a couple of days. A family member recommended we try this restaurant for lunch. It was a great recommendation. The food was fabulous! My wife had the Lobster Rolls. My daughter had the Crab Sliders. I had the Red Snapper Pasta with the white wine sauce. All of it was great. I would come back again. The only drawback is the lack of parking but that can be dealt with.

2  Thank AUPlainsman
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Told we would be seated in hour and a half took close to two hours. Great setting. Food was good. Only would go if I made a reservation.

1  Thank flashSaratogaSpring
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were so lucky to start our vacation with dining here. The weather was not the best, but we still dined outdoors right out on the "docks" and watched one pleasure boat after another come in and out of their slips. It was a beautiful setting enhanced by a wonderful wait staff and good food. We had lunch including chowder, Philly steak sandwich, lobster roll. Albeit very good, the roll was very small--skimpy on the lobster. If I hadn't ordered the chowder, I would not have been satisfied. When we return next year, we surely will return here.

2  Thank birkiecontessa