All reviews beach toys updated kitchen two twin beds red tide second bedroom beautiful condo washer and dryer gulf view laundry room first floor short walk to the beach relaxing vacation living room private beach great beach unit longboat
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Good Morning Lynn,
My husband informed me today that we were charged an additional $400 in fees related to damage in the condo 215.

The image of the damaged couch which was there upon arrival is attached. The attached is an UPDATED photo of the photo sent earlier. This is a photo of the photo, so that you can reference the date and time at the top, which clearly states June 24, 3:51PM; upon check in.

We were 3 adults who were respectful of our “home away from home” for our weekly stay. I unfortunately didn’t take additional photos of some of the other issues related to the condo, since I was trying not to be super critical of a condo that was not up to Marriott Time Share standards. We own with Marriott and generally don’t deviate from their properties. This year was a first experiencing renting a condo in this manner my expectations were low to begin with. Plus, I was on vacation and wanted to have a nice time and not grip and complain about every little issue.

However under the circumstances, I think it’s best to outline all the issues/ damages that were in place before we occupied the condo:
· On the left portion of the sectional, there was a tear on the top right corner as shown in the attached image.
· The cleanliness of the apartment was also noted on my check out sheet
o Heavy black dust was on all trim
§ Most of which I cleaned since it was gross and dirty
o Orange crayon like marks on the walls by the window in the living room and on the hall walls
§ Many of which I opted to clean since I didn’t want to look at dirty walls all week
o The living room rug was stained with a red substance which still had residue attached, like a mushed piece of fruit
§ I tried to clean and vacuumed it, but refused to scrub something that I didn’t cause. Maybe this is something housekeeping should be doing?
o The guest bedroom: the quilts were on the reverse blue side upon check in. ( not as pictured on your web site which is shown was on the white sea shell side) Then I noticed that the quilt on the bed closest to the closet (the only bed used for our week), was stained with orange spots.
§ This should have been laundered or replaced before our arrival considering your high standards, but it wasn’t.
§ Did housekeeping decide that this was the appropriate standard?
o The living room rug was un-vacuumed
§ I moved the coffee table to vacuum the smashed Goldfish like crackers
§ There was sand and crumbs under the entire couch which I cleaned and vacuumed as well
o One of the beach umbrellas was broken and unusable
o The porch was moldy and the table and chair were unclean with crumbs and smudges. There were juice box straw wrappers on the ground
§ I didn’t clean the mold, but did Windex the table & chairs and discarded the trash.
o The cords for the blinds were a mess and tangled
§ I actually called the front desk upon arrival since I couldn’t lower the blind by the main window in the living room
§ Steve arrived and mentioned that the blinds are difficult and showed me how to lower
Many of your dryers in the laundry room are not in working order. They don’t dry anything. It took me over 2 hours to dry thin towels which were still damp. I noticed guests taking their wet, sandy beach towels and throwing them into the dryers. I guess this is why the dryers were filled with sand and didn’t work well.

If you expect your condos to be in pristine condition, someone from your management team should have a “walk through” upon guest check in. To rely upon a housekeeping staff that is obviously, not very good at what they do, is unfair to renters.

My hope is that upon my further explanation, you’ll understand my aggravation relative to this $400 charge. Furthermore, if you’re unable to reverse the $400 charge immediately, today I will contact the Better Business Bureau and will contact my credit card company to dispute the charge. Under the circumstances, I will likely post this issue on every know travel site so that other guests are made aware of this policy. Additionally, I will never recommend the resort ( which I have already done) and will definitely never stay there again.

Also, if you read reviews posted about your resort, you’ll notice that most rooms are described as in need of repair and as “old and tired”. We only visited your resort because condo 215 was recently updated.

Furthermore our room was not “Ocean Front” by any means, however we gladly paid the upcharge for this location due to the recent updating of the condo. But maybe you need to re- evaluate this view so that other guests aren’t disappointed with their glimpse of the ocean which you consider to be ocean front.

I’ll be happy to discuss this further with you over the phone if you feel additional conversation is necessary. I appreciate your attention and assistance in this matter. I look forward to your reply.
Kind regards

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank RRRC
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Here at Sand Cay Beach resort our aim is for the highest guest satisfaction possible ; where comfort , cleanliness and quality meet. In life as well as business you cannot always satisfy everyone; we all understand that fact.
We have a rigorous inspection program before and after guests leave. We remind the guests at check-in , should anything at Sand Cay not meet or exceed their expectancy we will correct it.
You can see by the previous guests comments that we have met or exceeded guest expectations repeatedly. Some of our guests have returned 20 and 30 years the same time every year. So our retention of former guests exceeds the norm.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We loved our trip to Longboat Key & our room didn't disappoint. We stayed for 5 nights in room 307 and don't have a single compliant about the resort or the room. I will say this, the beach in the evening is wonderful, except for the awful sand fleas. I left with terrible bites and an allergic reaction, obviously not the resorts fault. My husband and 6 year old daughter even got to swim out to a family of manatees. One night we watched a sad turtle swim up and lay her eggs. It's very quiet and there's plenty of privacy for the family. Publix was only a 5-10 minute drive with the Anna Maria Pier being 15 minutes away.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jtodd2685
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This was the most relaxing vacation we have had in a long time. Gorgeous, warm water, a low key beach and comfortable condo...we never wanted to leave! You can do laundry, borrow movies, books,available umbrellas and beach toys free of charge which made our trip exceedingly easy. We are already planning to book a condo next year!

Room Tip: We chose 2nd flloor gulf front for a good view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie N
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We're back and residing on the 3d floor this year.

We enjoyed another beach vacation at this wonderful location. So many positives, from the friendly and helpful staff, clean pool, great mid-Key location, and pristine beach-front, we again enjoyed staying here.

At the risk of adding patrons with whom we would have to compete for annual reservations, we highly recommend this condo complex for your beach vacation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenn M
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Spiders, lots of spiders in the condo, killed six during our stay. The condo was well furnished and had a nice view of the ocean, large 3D TV and access to a fast internet connection was a plus. The mattress was a memory foam and a bit spongy, took a couple of nights to get used to, the kitchen had all possible amenities and the appliances were new. It was nice to have a washer and dryer in the unit so that we could wash our clothes and bathing suits.
It was all very good except for the spiders.

Room Tip: Gulf view with a nice porch, bedrooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family